Winning with Writing

ciskemama

• Reviewed on Saturday, April 6, 2013
  • Grades Used: 1st and 2nd
  • Dates used: 2012-2013
I started using Growing with Grammar, Soaring with Spelling and Winning with Writing this year. We love the grammar, the spelling... but NOT really the writing. I felt the grammar and writing covered the same things, and the writing was very minimal. I added more writing that went along with the writing lessons they were learning. I just wanted more writing. I will stick with grammar and spelling (GREAT!) but will be searching for a better writing.

julie.brooks

• Reviewed on Saturday, March 30, 2013
  • Grades Used: 2nd
  • Dates used: 2013
We switched to Winning With Writing in January after tiring of the previous writing program and feeling like there was very little writing in the writing program. My daughter loves the daily assignments in Winning With Writing-she actually looks forward to writing.

I like how the lessons start off with the basic sentence structure, move into identifying and correcting run-on and choppy sentences and then build up to constructing interesting sentences with the thoughtful use of descriptive writing.

We will use Winning With Writing for 3rd grade as well. (Winning With Grammar is also a great program.)

tracylynn75

• Reviewed on Wednesday, April 11, 2012
  • Grades Used: 2nd
  • Dates used: 2011-2012
We really have enjoyed Winning with Writing 2.
There is enough writing but not too much writing. There are light assignments 5 days a week. It is comprehensive and yet gentle.
We will definitely be continuing on with Winning with Writing 3.