Write At Home

Mom5273

• Reviewed on Wednesday, April 8, 2015
  • Grades Used: 9th grade
  • Dates used: 2014-2015 school year
We used Write at Home this year for DS's 9th grade. We did the full year program which is a little pricey, but I learned with my older DC (now graduated) that writing is my instruction weakness.

I determined that I needed something that would make writing more of a weekly priority. With Write at Home, DS gets quite a bit of feed back from the instructor, and everything has been returned (on time) with comments, corrections, and suggestions.

nollnotes

• Reviewed on Tuesday, March 31, 2015
  • Dates used: 2012
While our experience was not all bad, I feel there are better courses for less money. The teacher was very friendly and helpful, but there was VERY little actual instruction. My son would get the "lesson" each week that he had to read and then an assignment that he had to write. Often, the two had nothing to do with each other and that frustrated him. I can't speak for all of their courses, but actual writing instruction just wasn't enough for their high price. He would write whatever asked, then would send it in and get it back with corrections. He would then revise it and submit it again. I was hoping for more actual class instruction on HOW to write and then assignments that correlated. Again, everyone was friendly, but we were looking for actual writing instruction and this was not. My daughter took at class from WRITE FOR SUCCESS this year and it is exaclty what we were looking for. There is a class time with writing instruction and assignments that correlate with that class time. Teacher is excellent and friendly and instruction has been top notch. Price is a bit less expensive also.

jackhaydon

• Reviewed on Wednesday, May 23, 2012
  • Dates used: 2011-2012 school year
I used the pay-per-paper program with 3-drafts/reviews for my son's essay writing. I found the coach to be very positive and encouraging in her comments. Each review moved my son closer to a finished product.

We are pleased with the service.

hunelmm803

• Reviewed on Tuesday, September 20, 2011
  • Grades Used: 6th, 10th, 11th
  • Dates used: 2003-2005; 2009-2010
I have used this for my daughter and my son. I found the coaches to be very positive in their comments. My daughter used this for only two semesters. She already had a grasp on grammar. This course helped her flow in writing. It may sound like a lot of money, but another person critiqueing their writing is helpful.