Easy Grammar & Daily Grams

Click for more information about Easy Grammar & Daily Grams

Lydiboog

• Reviewed on Friday, May 9, 2014
  • Dates used: 2013-2014
We are using the older 5th/6th grade version and I have loved it! It is totally open and go. The lessons are short yet provide tons of practice. I like how the prepositions are introduced and taught first. It makes it so much easier to understand the rest of grammar. Up until this year I had to review the definition of noun, verb, etc. several times a week, if not every grammar lesson. It is finally clicking and I could not be happier and credit this curriculum. We are also using the Daily Grams 6 which take only 5-7 minutes a day. We combine Easy Grammar, Daily Grams, Spelling Power, IEW, and chapter books for a complete LA program. They all seem to complement each other very nicely. Even though my son will technically be in 7th next year we will finish this book (older version covers two years) then move onto Easy Grammar Plus (since it is for 7th - 12th) and continue with the Daily Grams for each level. If your child needs an orderly taught grammar and lots of opportunity for practice, this would be a good fit.

blessedwith4

• Reviewed on Saturday, January 18, 2014
  • Grades Used: Plus
  • Dates used: 2013-current
I am using the EG Plus (Red book) with my newly turned 13yo daughter who is technically in the 7th grade. I have used many other English curricula with her and she has always struggled with concepts, even basic concepts like subjects/predicates and things that, at least I think are basic.

Easy Grammar just presents the information in such a way as to make it so clear to "see." Getting rid of the prepositional phrases first is a brilliant idea! I never knew my daughter would understand things such as transitive and intransitive verbs, or direct and indirect objects, but she does understand...now that we use Easy Grammar.

home4028

• Reviewed on Monday, June 11, 2012
  • Dates used: 2011-2012
My son is not a fan of grammar lessons in general. Therefore, he approaches it with a "Just get it done" attitude. Add to this that he really dislikes having to sit and listen to me for a lesson on a subject he dislikes...Well, you can see that grammar has not been a loved subject at our house (at least with him).

An aquaintance suggested trying Easy Grammar and Daily Grams. It has worked very well for us.

With Daily Grams, my ds has practiced his editing, sentence structure, and various grammar knowledge with the exercises. This daily worksheet usually takes him about 3-5 minutes to complets and is a good daily exercise for him.

The Easy Grammar assignments are a little longer. He reads the lesson himself and is usually able to understand the concept and complete the exercises without much help from me. During the year, we have kept the pages that explain new concepts and placed them in a binder for reference. He has done well with his lessons and scored high in this subject on the standardized test he took.

While my ds didn't really struggle with grammar before we used Easy Grammar, I still consider using Easy Grammar a success for us. It allows us to cover this subject effectively with my ds learning independently - a win-win situation for us. And, the no-frills appearance of Easy Grammar suits my ds's learning style, and attitude for this subject, very well.

afhsmom

• Reviewed on Wednesday, April 4, 2012
  • Dates used: 2008
This program did not work for us - our daughter struggles with grammar, & we were pointed towards this curriculum. After two weeks we had to stop. She's more of a visual learner & with every thing in blah black & white it was so boring. We switched to Bob Jones (BJU Press) grammar - what a huge difference! There's lots of color in the workbooks & what ever you're working on is "color coded" in a way. (In the explanation portion, say you're working on prepositional phrases, then they are in a different color ink than the words in the rest of the sentence). I balked at the price of BJU - but I get the teachers materials used & only buy the student consumables new. We've been using BJU ever since.
12345678910...