TabletClass Math

1028miranda

• Reviewed on Wednesday, September 22, 2010
  • Grades Used: 10th Geometry
  • Dates used: 2010-2011
After a year of Algebra 1 with frustrations and tears I have looked at review after review trying to find a great math program and thank the Lord I finally found it.

I came across tabletclass.com through a google search and I am so thankful that I did. I watched a sample of one of their lessons on their website and was very impressed with how well Mr. Zimmerman explained step by step the problems. I decided that just maybe the Lord had helped me find the right one. I enrolled in the free trial on a Monday morning and within a hour Mr. Zimmerman himself called with a welcome call. That said a lot to me. Since then I have talked to him on different occasions with questions and he has been so helpful and quik. My daughter's grades have gone from a "D" to an "A".

She watches the lesson videos and then does her work. One thing that I also really like is that he points out common mistakes that students make so that she can watch out for making the same mistakes. Mr. Zimmerman teaches it so well and thoroughly. If my daughter has any trouble she can just watch it again. When she watches the video that grades her work, Mr. Zimmeran explains each problem step by step. The fact that it comes up on the screen like he is writing on the paper right in front of her gives hear audio and visual for better understanding.

I would highly recommend this program and we definitely plan on using it for the rest of high school and with our other daughter who is now in 3rd grade. All I can say is thank you Lord for this program and thank you Mr. Zimmerman, what a relief it has been and is to both me and my daughter.

daisy122

• Reviewed on Monday, March 15, 2010
  • Grades Used: Pre-Algebra & Algebra 1
  • Dates used: 2009-2010
I was introduced to TabletClass math by a fellow homeschooler and I honestly feel that it is a wonderful program. I couldn't be happier with how quickly my ds understood concepts he struggled with using other programs. He's completed Pre-Algebra and just started the Alg 1 curse. He watches the videos, does the problems, does the practice problems and some times I catch him laughing and I see how excited he is a about learning math...that to me is priceless. He also loves that he can download videos to his iPod and watch them on our road trips.
This is truly a Godsent for our family!

God Bless
Daisy

Dollhoney

• Reviewed on Monday, March 1, 2010
  • Grades Used: Pre-Alg/Algebra
  • Dates used: 2009
My 12 year old daughter tried the free 30 day trial for this program. She could not get past the instructor continually calling the problems that they were working on "prollems". His mis-pronuciation drove her crazy and she was unable to progress into the program. She said she would expect a teacher to be able to speak properly when lecturing. She also did not feel there was enough practice to consider this a full program, for a student who would need repetitive work to get the concept.

srvhim4life

• Reviewed on Wednesday, January 27, 2010
  • Grades Used: High School
  • Dates used: Jan 2010
After struggling through Algebra 1 with my high schooler using another popular math curriculum I decided it was time to use something different. I went to researching and found these comments on this product to be very helpful. Visited the website: tabletclass.com, was impressed with what I saw and have been very happy so far. My dd went from avoiding math to making it her first subject of the day.
I like that I received a phone call from Mr. Z (the creator) after I purchased the product to welcome us. I like that it has notes that can be printed as well as a video of how to understand the concept. There is also alot of practice work, which I feel is important and something we weren't getting from the other curriculum we were using. Our other curriculum gave my dd alot of review work, but not enough practice work and therefore she wasn't retaining the concept. It is as someone else said, just like having the teacher right in front of you explaining it all. My dd likes having the notes and now shows "all her work" where I couldn't get her to do that for several years.
Mr. Z also mentioned that alot of new changes are being incorporated to make this very homeschool friendly.
If you are looking for something that allows your child to work independently, is user friendly and very reasonably priced, you owe it to yourself to check it out.