Bridgeway Homeschool Academy

tcwolf1903

• Reviewed on Monday, February 4, 2013
  • Grades Used: 9th-10th
  • Dates used: 2011-2013
As highly educated parents, we required an accredited homeschooling program that provided a tough, yet fair on-line homeschooling option for our son who excels in sports as well as academics. Bridgeway Academy has far exceeded both of these requirements. The Academy provides a learning environment that challenges the student by employing thorough and comprehensive tests, quizzes, and writing assignments. The teaching methods are engaging for the student and provide a vast variety of lecture delivery methods to ensure a broader range of learning opportunities for the student. The Academy also provides excellent student-advisor and parent-advisor relationships through phone calls, on-line communications, weekly newsletters, and student progression feedbacks. The parent log-in allows for interactive parent-student quiz/test preparation as well as a means to easily follow the student's progression. Finally, the curriculum choices provided by the Academy for the student is varied enough to provide a broad spectrum for learning. Bridgeway Academy is an excellent choice for an on-line and/or traditional homeschooling option and comes highly recommended by this student and his parents!

henkej

• Reviewed on Saturday, February 2, 2013
  • Grades Used: Bridgeway Academy's Online High School Curriculum
  • Dates used: 2012-Present
Using Bridgeway's Online High School Program has been wonderful and has provided a peace of mind that I haven't had before with public school education. I have one child in 9th grade and the other in 11th, and this is our second year of enrollment with Bridgeway.

The kids receive grades and insightful comments soon after their work is submitted, so they know right away on how to improve for the next assignment. We were lucky to see any homework returned within 2 weeks in the public schools. By then it was too late to improve for the next test.

Having to follow and stay on track with their work is easy with the weekly study guides and this teaches them organizational skills which they will need for college.

The classes and online videos really resonate with the students. I am amazed at how the information sticks with the kids, as they fill me in on what they have learned for the week.

We are so grateful for their advisor! She is quick to respond to questions the kids or I may have in regard to school issues. She even helped us out by signing a required note from a local high school, so that my daughter could attend a function with her friend that attends that local school.

Bridgeway has been a blessing to our family! My children have improved their grades and actually are happy to get up in the morning and begin their school day!

SwimMom

• Reviewed on Thursday, July 12, 2012
  • Grades Used: 10th & 5th
  • Dates used: 2012
Use the partnership with Bridgeway & Bob Jones. You will have the coursework of Bob Jones with accreditation. You can also substitute out some subjects with Bridgeway courses since the accreditation is through Bridegway's Traditional Program. I recommend this for both Christian or secular programs. The Bob Jones videos are excellent easy to follow using a mastery approach. The student can work independently if needed. My my sons both love it.

We have used both A Beka & Georgia Virtual Academy. A Beka Video Online was not interesting & the classwork was busy type unecessary work. Georgia Virtual was below average with only one 90 min teacher session per week. I recommend Bob Jones using the subjects you desire through the 8th grade. Then switch to Bridgeway/Bob Jones substituting desired subjects between Bob Jones & Bridgeway if needed. We are very pleased.

dadoftwo

• Reviewed on Thursday, March 1, 2012
  • Grades Used: 2nd & 4th
  • Dates used: 2011-Present
My wife and I enrolled our two sons this fall, and we couldn't have had a better experience with Bridgeway! Our academic advisor really took the time to get to know our family, and even recommended some extra resources to help our son, who is on the autism spectrum. Recently, we took a month off to visit my wife's family in Nebraska, after her mother underwent emergency surgery. Our advisor sent us an email during our visit, checking in on my mother-in-law's health. So thoughtful!

My kids have enjoyed the opportunities that Bridgeway provides to interact with other students. My son Bryden especially enjoyed the Christmas Card contest - he spent hours working on his design!

If you're looking for an accredited homeschool program that takes the time to invest in your kids' success, I recommend Bridgeway Academy!