Bridgeway Homeschool Academy

Bridgettebordelo

• Reviewed on Tuesday, January 31, 2017
  • Dates used: 2016-
We pulled our 4th grader out of a private school when the teacher suggested he needed "special educitation". Tristan has anxiety along with ADHD. With homeschool we are able to work at our pace and if he doesn't understand something we work on it until he does. I love how Bridgeway says in the handbook not to submit anything under an 80% because it's more important that they understand the material then to just test. We have had more help out of Bridgeway academy then we ever did with his pervious school. We love Bridgeway Academy and look forward to many more years.
Bridgette
Louisiana

Oceansky29

• Reviewed on Tuesday, October 11, 2016
  • Grades Used: 1st-3rd
  • Dates used: 2016
I started 3 weeks ago, they were awesome and so attentive until
they got my payment of over $600. I received follow-up emails up until I paid in full. 4 days later the only email I got was from the tuition department letting me know when the next payment was due.
I never received any welcome email so I let the tuition lady know that. Finally that same day a woman claiming to be the
kids counselor sends a link to some site lydia.com that was
definatley not age appropriate for my kids. I responded confused and she send me a link with assesment details and a checklist. When I sent it back the assesment I recieved notice that her mailbox was full. I tried for the next 2 days to send her the completed assesments as I could not get my kids started on anything until this was completed but same thing it was rejected because her mailbox was full.
She is now on vacation this entire week. The alternate number she has given as point of contact goes straight to voicemail so I left a message but received no return phone call. So far I am not happy with this program. I am starting to think I might have made a terrible mistake, God help me and my Special Needs Kids...:(

kb1010

• Reviewed on Monday, June 1, 2015
  • Dates used: sept 2014-may 2015
We used Bridgeway Academy and found it to be a good experience. I liked the way a couple of different choices were offered for the curriculum for each subject. My teen choose to do some online classes and some non online classes. I liked the way that my teen had to do many writing assignments for the on line English program and I saw her writing improve through out the year. Our advisor was nice to work with and always returned my phone call the same day.When my daughter decided to do school online so she could pursue acting outside of school I was overwhelmed with the thought of having to figure out what to do, but Bridgeway made it easy and I know that I made the right decision by using them.

tcwolf1903

• Reviewed on Monday, February 4, 2013
  • Grades Used: 9th-10th
  • Dates used: 2011-2013
As highly educated parents, we required an accredited homeschooling program that provided a tough, yet fair on-line homeschooling option for our son who excels in sports as well as academics. Bridgeway Academy has far exceeded both of these requirements. The Academy provides a learning environment that challenges the student by employing thorough and comprehensive tests, quizzes, and writing assignments. The teaching methods are engaging for the student and provide a vast variety of lecture delivery methods to ensure a broader range of learning opportunities for the student. The Academy also provides excellent student-advisor and parent-advisor relationships through phone calls, on-line communications, weekly newsletters, and student progression feedbacks. The parent log-in allows for interactive parent-student quiz/test preparation as well as a means to easily follow the student's progression. Finally, the curriculum choices provided by the Academy for the student is varied enough to provide a broad spectrum for learning. Bridgeway Academy is an excellent choice for an on-line and/or traditional homeschooling option and comes highly recommended by this student and his parents!