Rod & Staff Bible

flysister

• Reviewed on Wednesday, July 20, 2011
  • Grades Used: 2nd - 6th
  • Dates used: 2008-2011
I absolutely LOVE Rod & Staff Bible curriculum. Both of my children have used it and have learned so much more about familiar Bible stories. They aren't bored because they learn something new and more in depth than when they just read the Bible. This curriculum truly helps them to study God's word, understand it better from historical and cultural standpoints, and apply their new knowledge to living as followers of Christ. I appreciate the way it leads children through the Bible systematically from 2nd-4th grades, then again at a deeper level in 5th - 8th grades. I'll not be changing to any other Bible curriculum. This is the best I've seen.

Mom_of_4

• Reviewed on Wednesday, February 17, 2010
  • Grades Used: 4,5,10
  • Dates used: 2008-present
This Bible curriculum is excellent. I have found the curriculum to be very sound in doctrine. In my opinion, it is a wonderful Christian curriculum that will undoubtedly lay a firm Biblical foundation for children to build upon. Mennonite or not, God's Word is still God's Word, and these folks have clearly demonstrated to me that they are knowledgeable of His Word. I highly recommend this Bible program to everyone!

presneie8

• Reviewed on Sunday, November 1, 2009
  • Dates used: 2009
We are just about to finish chapter 1 of Bible 5. My children are learning alot from this course and I am extremely impressed by it. Book 5 goes from Genesis to 1 Samuel. It is very indepth, but interesting in it's layout. It has wonderful penciled illustration of the ark, the taberancle, high priest clothes, etc, throughout. The student has to fill in some of these drawings that are labeled, and also do maps and geneaology. (ds 11 loved the geneology charts) It uses the Bible as it's textbook, so I feel the student is letting the Bible speak to them personally. It has them compare things in the Bible to answer questions. (ex: had my son compare 2 verses in Genesis and conclude how long Noah was on the ark)
Grade 5 is 30 lessons long. WE have been doing half a lesson a day, taking about an hour. By Grade 8 you will have gone all the way to Revelations.
I think this is an excellent Bible course for someone who wants a serious, indepth Bible course for their child. I think it is written in a tone that is easy for a 5th grader to understand.
My dh is a pastor (not mennonite) and really likes the workbook as well. I have ordered me a book too, because it looks like so much fun and I feel it would help me learn more about the Bible.
Price is unbeatable. teacher key, workbook, and ch. test for about $20.00

Titus.Two.Five

• Reviewed on Thursday, December 4, 2008
  • Grades Used: 5th and 6th
  • Dates used: 2007-2008
I am very pleased with the Rod and Staff Bible Curriculum. I love that it uses the King James Bible as it's textbook, and is not a dumb downed curricula.

The workbook format is one of the best I've seen in that the questions are subjective, they make the student think, rather than just fill in the blank.

We are not of the Mennonite faith, however, we have had no problems using this so far.