Time4Learning

Kls4185

• Reviewed on Monday, June 12, 2017
  • Grades Used: K and 7th
  • Dates used: 2016
I had so many technical issues with time 4 learning. The level and instruction level was scattered for middle school. Some lessons had goofy cartoon videos, while others were read, read, read, occasional picture, answer the questions. Some video lessons with people were age appropriate and good, but overall I thought it was scattered. Also, my daughter kept bombing tests /quizzes and repeating them. Then I couldn't delete the old scores. That was annoying. Some of this could be solved with more oversight on my part I realize. Technical problems were mainly due to the outdated ancient flash which isn't supported by updated web browsers.

For kindergarten, the flash wasn't always very receptive to the clicking of the mouse. My daughter couldn't always enter her answers or the page would freeze and crash very often. This caused so much frustration for her. If the site would work properly, the lessons were engaging and she did learn a lot. I did change her from k to 1st in math because she was not challenged at that level.

ForHisGloryAcade

• Reviewed on Sunday, October 16, 2016
  • Grades Used: 1st-4th grade
  • Dates used: 2012-2016
Even though this curriculum it's secular.. I liked it a lot... 1St and 2nd grade my boys really enjoyed them, but 3rd and 4th grade they complaint about the amount of reading they had to do. I honestly agreed with them, it was a lot of reading, I got tired of listening to their complaints and switched them to something else. I do feel Math goes a bit accelerated for some kids.. one of my boys did great the other I had to provide more practice..

I definitely recommend this curriculum!

Cazielyn

• Reviewed on Wednesday, July 6, 2016
  • Dates used: 2014-2015
I love Time for learning, I was desperate for a quick curriculum for my daughter and found Time4Learning! What a life savior. Here's my story. My daughter Samantha was Adopted late in life and she struggled in school and with peer pressure. She struggled with abandonment issues. By age 16 she had flunked 2 of her 9 th grade regents and was failing 3 of her 10 th grade subjects. She was not attending school and had a 32 average. She was getting in trouble and was not on course to pass the 10 th grade or to lgraduate. We were desperate and pulled her out of school. We used time for learning for her 10 th grade year but she completed many classes 9-10& 11 th during the year and she was able to them take the NYS TASC test and passed it the first time. Samantha was so frustrated with public school she was not attending and was flunking out. She didn't fit in, she felt useless. There is no way she would have been successful taking the test had she not of spent the year learning using time for learning. We included a business curriculum with her home schooling. Sam started her own Facebook business page and her own business. She made a lot of sales during the year selling crochet hats, mittens, blankets, and tons of other items. She still has the business which is now 2 years old. Samantha is enrolled in college full time now, she is doing really well and has completed a semester. Her self esteem has flourished and she is becoming a responsible adult. I would not of been able to find all the books and curriculums she needed mid year. I signed up for time for learning on a Friday and she literally started full time on Tuesday. Everything was easy, we even got approval for her to home school the first try. Everything we did was approved the first time New York State is not an easy state to home school in and out school is one of the hardest.
We are actually pulling our 6 th grader out this year and homeschooling her and a. Friends 4 and 5 th graders together and we will be using time4 learning for their core classes.
Thank you time for learning for everything. Cassie Clipston

tiallarising

• Reviewed on Friday, April 29, 2016
  • Dates used: 2013-2016
I love how interactive this homeschool program is! It's absolutely wonderful for visual learners, keeps their attention, and is fun and understandable. I was also pleasantly surprised to see how affordable it is compared to other curriculum similar to it. I definitely recommend Time4Learning!
12345678910...