Time4Learning

Mrs. J

• Reviewed on Saturday, June 28, 2014
  • Grades Used: 3rd
  • Dates used: 2013
Let me first start off by saying that T4L helped my son out a lot, no, I was not always happy with the way they did things but for the just of it it paid off.

I did start to notice little things that did not seem right to me, like spelling and correct knowledge of things. When I saw my son wiz through their curriculum and change his own grade level I knew it was time to find something more challenging for him.

Like many have said, it is a good program for younger children but not for children going up in grades ( 4,5,6) and this is just my opinion.

I do suggest anyone who is starting this program to make sure you save your own results like tests,reports ect. Because they do seem to disappear.

Overall, do your own eval and include another curriculum along with it.

God Bless,
Mrs.J

pandahoneybee

• Reviewed on Sunday, March 2, 2014
  • Grades Used: 1st-8th
  • Dates used: 2008-present
I began my homeschool journey with T4L when I decided to pull my boys out of the public school system. (after kindergarten and 5th grades) For a mom who was overwhelmed with possibilities of curriculum choices I believe it is one of the best decisions I made. It allowed my oldest to go back a couple of grades to fill in any gaps that he had and the youngest was allowed to jump ahead very fast. We have supplemented with Science and art projects that are of interest to my boys. The interactive lessons were a blessing for our family, since my oldest hated school by the time I pulled him out. After the first year he was smiling again and loving to learn again!

Redtulipmoon

• Reviewed on Tuesday, February 4, 2014
  • Grades Used: K-4th
  • Dates used: 2009-present
T4L has been so wonderful for my highly functioning 9 yr Old autistic son! He loves T4lL and it is always his favorite part of the day! He has been using it over 4 years now and it has taught him so much! Most kids on the spectrum are visual earners and do well with computers and iPads! I am really thankful this curriculum exists and continue to plan on using it! I have been very satisfied with customer service all these years and I haven't experienced any technical problems like some others spoke of! I highly recommend this curriculum for visual learners and kids on the spectrum!

okiechick4

• Reviewed on Tuesday, January 21, 2014
  • Grades Used: 5th-6th
  • Dates used: 2013-2014
In my opinion, T4L is not a curriculum I would recommend for older grades. This was my first year of homeschooling and this did help me get started, but as I have grown and learned more, I see we need stronger curriculum. The science and history are very boring. My kids are bored to death. The math does not explain well at all. They are so lost after completing a lesson. Thank goodness for Khan Academy to supplement and they understand it. I am looking to change math curriculum for sure as soon as possible. The language arts is okay, but they need something more on that too. I think for younger grades, it is great, but when they hit about 5th grade, it is not enough and it is boring. I think they have great ideas on how they set up things and it seems to be an all around good program, but, for us, it is time to move on. Also on a side note, there numerous technical problems with this program and they will claim it is on your end, but if numerous people are having the same problem, it is not our end. Just a precaution.
12345678910...