Time4Learning

Click for more information about Time4Learning

tiallarising

• Reviewed on Friday, April 29, 2016
  • Dates used: 2013-2016
I love how interactive this homeschool program is! It's absolutely wonderful for visual learners, keeps their attention, and is fun and understandable. I was also pleasantly surprised to see how affordable it is compared to other curriculum similar to it. I definitely recommend Time4Learning!

RoadschoolMom

• Reviewed on Wednesday, April 27, 2016
  • Grades Used: K,1,4,5,8,9
  • Dates used: 2013-2016
As a Roadschool Mom Time4Learning has been a lifesaver! In case you might be wondering what roadschooling is, it is when you homeschool while on the road. For some that could mean while driving to appointments in a car or during vacations. For others like myself, it means while living on the road permanently; full or part time (hotel, tent, RV, etc.) My family and I have been living full-time in a 5th wheel for several years now. We really love the freedom of this lifestyle, but living in a big house and living in a RV is two different animals. Space for one is very limited and very valuable to say the least. So, after a little while on the road, we knew the way we homeschooled would have to change. I can’t tell you how happy I was to find T4L. I didn’t have to worry about where to store all the books, folders, graded papers. Plus, I no longer had to grade papers!!! T4L does all of the grading and record keeping for you, which meant more time for me to spend with the family. All we had to have was a laptop (or tablet) and since that was something we would bring anyways, it wasn’t going to be taking up any extra valuable space ;) I think the best thing I have discovered so far about this curriculum is that my kids love it and have really excelled with it. T4L has this option where you have access to 3 grade levels at once. So, for example your child is in 5th grade, they would have access to 4th, 5th, and 6th grades material. For my kids this has helped because they can learn at their own pace. That means that even if they are a bit slower in one subject, they can work longer in that grade level, but can go ahead and move on in the others. I couldn’t really afford to allow my kids to do that with their old curriculum. Whether you are a roadschool mom like me or just a homeschool mom looking for an awesome curriculum, I would definitely give Time4Learning a try, especially since they have a money back guarantee ;)

HSMom13

• Reviewed on Friday, April 8, 2016
  • Grades Used: Kindergarten, 2nd, 5th, 7th, & 9th
  • Dates used: Sept 2015 - present
Our family has been homeschooling for many years using a combination of more traditional text, unit studies, etc. This past year, however, we wanted to change things up incorporating an online curriculum to tap kids' tech savvy desires. We finally settled on Time4Learning and found it to be a great fit for our family. Currently we have kids in Kindergarten, 2nd, 5th, 7th and 9th using the program.

The kids have enjoyed engaging in the interactive lessons. Our youngest two are having a blast with the recent addition of Science4Us to their grade levels. Our middle school kids love the portability as they can do class on their Kindle with no books to lug around! Our high school student has found her classes to be interesting and although a previously reluctant writer, she's been eager to work on writing assignments within her own portal. Her only 'complaint' is to add more electives!

The parent dashboard allows me to see at a glance individual progress and any areas which may need additional focus. We love the ability to customize the program grade levels by subject for each child – so our math whiz can jump forward a level in math to remain challenged! We also were able to drop down a level temporarily for another child to rebuild confidence – then move ahead again when he was ready.

At all levels the scope and sequence is available – giving us the option of allowing students to follow lessons in order or assign/skip as preferred. Additional extensions are available along with printable worksheets for extra practice or offline work. In comparison to our previous curriculum – Time4Learning has been just as thorough academically. The program is secular which we were fine with as we prefer to teach our children our faith/belief system on our own separately. While kids are able to work independently, we oversee and have had terrific discussions / learning opportunities.

Things our family loves: 1) Affordability (no contracts!); 2) Ability to design our own schedule (daily, weekly and even yearly – doing what is best for us!); 3) Comprehensive lessons which encourage kids to learn in an appealing way (which helps with retention!); 4) Option to custom-fit to each kid's needs; 5) The massive amount of time saved in lesson planning/grading has freed up time for other activities (as a family and for kids!

bailbrae

• Reviewed on Thursday, September 10, 2015
  • Grades Used: PreK - 11th
  • Dates used: Early 2007 to present
When I pulled my oldest son out of public school two months into his 1st grade year, the idea of homeschooling had NEVER crossed my mind. We spent the rest of that year piecing together a curriculum with workbooks and materials that other homeschoolers had given us.

The beginning of 2nd grade year, my parents decided they would "sponsor" us and bought us a complete boxed curriculum.

We. Hated. It. :(

Spent months being miserable with the planning and textbook thing. We are, and always have been, techies. Anything on a screen is a win around here, lol.

Early 2007 we discovered Time4Learning and have never looked back. It was online, with nothing to install, which means we weren't limited to one computer...back then, we didn't have laptops and my boys spent a lot of time with my parents. Instead of my son just missing school days when he was down there, he could log in and use their computer, which was awesome.

It's affordable. Really. I never had to buy a whole year at a time or sign a contract.

It's flexible. Over the years, we have used it as our core program, and we have used it as a supplement to a more interest-led/child-led approach. Either way, it's there and it's what we need at the time.

My boys can log on and work independently. They don't have to wait on me (unless they need me), and I don't have to spend hooooours planning lessons. While I could assign specific lessons to them if I wanted, they have just always completed lessons in the order that T4L presented them.

Record keeping - this is my FAVorite part of it! I don't have files or folders or binders of papers that I have to find room for. T4L keeps track of everything for me. When I'm ready (I usually just do it annually), I save their records as a PDF and throw it on my external hard drive.

My oldest is currently in 11th grade, still using Time4Learning (and has since 2nd grade). My youngest is now in 6th grade and has only ever known T4L, since Pre-K. Is it for everyone? No. No homeschool curriculum or program is a fit for every family. But it works for us.

The only drawback we had, and I had it with both of my boys, was the transition from 2nd to 3rd grade. It goes from super animated and "read to you," to less animated and more reading on their own. Neither of them enjoyed feeling like they were going from happy fun time to actual school work, lol, but once we got over that hump, things settled down for them both. :)

I would say that it's at least worth a shot for those looking for something secular and online.
12345678910...