Growing With Grammar

Click for more information about Growing With Grammar

• Reviewed on Wednesday, October 28, 2015
  • Grades Used: 2nd through 6th
  • Dates used: 2011-2015
I found Growing With Grammar years ago. It has been a staple in our homeschool since. I have been very happy with this program and the foundation it provides my children. Each year they test in the high 90th percentile range in language arts when they are tested (our state requires testing). My only regret is there is no high school program for Growing With Grammar.

• Reviewed on Monday, August 24, 2015
  • Grades Used: 1st through 6th
  • Dates used: 2009-2014
A friend showed me a copy of her Growing With Grammar book a few years ago and I'm really happy that she did. We have really enjoyed Growing With Grammar. My kids have learned a lot and look forward to the lessons. They like the diagramming. I'm not sure what I'll do once they hit high school, but I'll figure it out once they get there. I really feel that Growing With Grammar has prepared them well. We added Soaring With Spelling and Winning With Writing (from the same company) a couple years ago.

• Reviewed on Friday, December 5, 2014
  • Dates used: 2014
We decided to take a break from R&S this year and try GWG. It was a big mistake at our house. My dd has already covered everything she has learned in the previous years through other programs. She says the program is very BLAH in her opinion. She has asked to go back to R&S next year. If your child is strong in grammar already, the 7th grade level may not be very challenging or interesting for your child. Thats what has happened here.

• Reviewed on Saturday, August 16, 2014
  • Grades Used: 2nd and 4th
  • Dates used: 2013-14
GWG is not a great program.
I used it last year because I was looking for something more independent. At first I thought I liked the program - it was pretty straightforward and simple. But over time it never really added much. The workbook pages were repetitive and the kids weren't really retaining the information. At the end of the year I realized they weren't really moving forward with grammar - it had really stagnated over the course of the year.
I wouldn't recommend it.