BJU Press Complete (Bob Jones)

aleecex2

• Reviewed on Monday, August 13, 2012
  • Grades Used: ?
  • Dates used: ?
I am an Abeka mom of a will be 9th grader daughter. She excels with Abeka but it is getting to the point where it is so laughably out-dated it is ridiculous! Everything in Abeka suits her, she loves and excels at math, English in easy for her, reading is her favorite, and history and science isn't even like school. I want something that will be very similar for her to cope with as she snow preparing for college, is BJU the right choice, I would enjoy a possible list of curricula that might work if BJU isn't what I'm looking for.

mamauv8

• Reviewed on Monday, April 2, 2012
  • Dates used: 2001
Bob Jones is an excellent program to use for grades 1-6.I will use it for these grades religiously!! But after that it goes downhill! For grades 7 and 8 the lesson books are just a copy as to what is in the text and does not include a step by step lesson...needed especially for these grades. I would spend my whole summer planning my lessons!!

So we switched to SOS and that was a BIG mistake!!
So Cyber school here we come!!
Blessed journeys on homeschooling!!
Mamauv8

jnswhitmire

• Reviewed on Sunday, December 27, 2009
  • Grades Used: 2nd-3rd
  • Dates used: 2008-still
I Love this Curriculum... It's easy to understand.. Has lots of oppurtunities for hands on learning. It incorporates the Bible in every lesson. Also the Support team is wonderfull with questions and such... ( Ive only called twice in 2 years) They also include any corrections or extra resources they come across on their website... I have bought the whole kit both years and have only spent small amounts on extras which was all my own idea... other than basic school supplies there isnt alot of additional cost.. My sons handwriting was unreadable until I retaught him using the BJU method and the cursive letters I think are prettier.. I don't think that I have had any bad with any part of BJU other than cost but we all wish that the homeschool world was cheaper right?...LOL

bjabroy

• Reviewed on Sunday, May 17, 2009
  • Dates used: 2000-2007
This is a good curriculum. I cannot say that it is excellent or perfect, but it is a good way to educate your children. There were a few drawbacks to the program, which is why after 7 years we discontinued using it.

We were a Homesat subscriber and it was a great experience when I was trying to teach two little ones. I major plus for us! But as the years went on, the teachers started adding their own opinions on different topics and many times those went against what we have taught our children from the Bible. It was little things here and there, and on one occasion a teacher actually expressed that you don't need to do this because your parents say so, you can do this because you think it is right. Which is a very true statement for an adult, but not for a 7th grade child.

We took standardized testing every year and our children score at or above their grade levels. So, I know in spite of the little issues we had with the curriculum, they still received a solid education. We have chosen to use K12, so that we are the ones educating our children about the Lord. K12 is an excellent curriculum.
12345678910...