Apples Daily Spelling Drills

Homeschool Child

• Reviewed on Friday, September 10, 2010
  • Grades Used: 9th and 10th
  • Dates used: 2007-2010
I have never been a good at spelling but when I started highschool I used these 2 books and now my spelling is not half as bad as it was.

kerri

• Reviewed on Saturday, September 27, 2008
  • Grades Used: 5-6th
  • Dates used: 2007-2008
Hi-Well, I love that the same spelling rule is read every day-that really works, however, what I don't love is having to find words that are spelled incorrectly and fix them. I've read various articles that say how spelling is very visual and that we shouldn't see a word spelled wrong...on a test, If the child spells the word wrong, I've read to correct them immediately so that the word is not visually "remembered" incorrectly.
That said, if the program works for someone, great. My 5th grader can't see a word spelled wrong becasue that's what he tends to remember!
I used the program this way-We did everything except finding the words that were spelled incorreclty.
**ALso, the author tells you to let the child look up the answers to the bible fill ins in the answer section.GOod idea, because they're seeing the words spelled correctly and it doesn't use up excess time in searching for bible verses during spelling practice.

Sweets

• Reviewed on Tuesday, September 2, 2008
  • Dates used: 2008
My 6th grader has trouble with spelling. He will study the words in our other spelling curriculum, pass the test, and then promptly forget how to spell the word. After reading reviews here, I got Apples to add to his spelling as a review a couple of times a week. It has worked very well. The worksheets are very short and to the point. Studying the spelling rules has helped him to remember the things that he has learned. We are still using another spelling curriculum and add Apples in as a review, and it works very well. Highly recommended.

chatmom

• Reviewed on Thursday, April 3, 2008
  • Dates used: 2007-2008
I liked the organization of spelling rules as opposed to spelling lists - I used it succussfully with my 10 yr. old. It is recommended for secondary level - but was actually very easy. My student liked it, however, we will not be continuing on to the second book next year.