Rod & Staff English

snowskifam

• Reviewed on Monday, April 14, 2014
  • Grades Used: 2nd through 4th
  • Dates used: 2011-2014
I have to say I wasn't impressed with the "dated" look of the cover when I first chose this curriculum. I decided to try it years ago when starting English and I am so, so glad I did!!! After 3 years of use I HAVE to write a review. This is the best way to teach English. It's clear, incremental, and understandable approach for my children and I have made teaching English actually enjoyable. This ranks right up with the way my college professor taught me and with such ease and continuity. The amount of work is not overwhelming for the student, but it is still challenging enough to push them past the "too easy" zone. I will definetly continue using Rod & Staff English through all the grades.

AngieC411

• Reviewed on Thursday, February 27, 2014
  • Grades Used: 2nd,3rd,4th,&5th
  • Dates used: 2012-2014
I absolutely love R&S English. My kids really get it. We used Abeka before and they got it for the most part but Rod and Staff breaks it down even more for them. Its more writing because they don't write in the books but that's the way I grew up learning English and I came out fine. I plan on using the English for as long as I can.

tcby82

• Reviewed on Monday, February 10, 2014
  • Grades Used: 3rd
  • Dates used: 2014
Its very straight forward and plainly laid out, not a lot of colors or pictures, yet the material is a tad challenging for her, which I like. She is actually learning the material and not getting distracted with pretty pictures or difficult language. My mom used R&S on me during 6th and 7th. I really accelerated.

rsnodgrass

• Reviewed on Friday, January 31, 2014
  • Grades Used: 4th-6th
  • Dates used: 2013-2014
This is our first year to Homeschool and I just happened to find Rod and Staff English 4th grade at our local half price bookstore. I bought the teacher and student books right then. Came home did some research and found they were pretty cheap...(made me happy) :) So I ordered the worksheet and tests for 4th grade and then ordered the 5th grade set.

Needless to say after looking at them and using them with my kids we will not use any other English Curriculum. This is the most advanced and thorough curriculum I have found. It surpassed my expectations and my kids are learning more with this than any other. It's not easy, but they will learn and be able to understand the concepts of English.

The ONLY complaint my kids have...needs more color. :)

Other than that we are totally happy with the order and the way things are taught. We will use this until college. Thank you Rod and Staff.

We have also used their Spelling, which is amazing, and penmanship for my 4th grader.
12345678910...