Letter of the Week

• Reviewed on Friday, August 26, 2016
  • Grades Used: PreK
  • Dates used: 2016
I am just not a huge fan.

I don't like that it is the same skills week after week. My son got very bored and I got very tired of all the prep/looking for and making of stuff for the curriculum.

I wish it had more math variety and no "-" in the middle of words... I didn't agree with the maker on showing my son to use - if you run out of space for a word.

• Reviewed on Sunday, January 17, 2010
  • Grades Used: toddler and preparatory
  • Dates used: 2009
It seems like everyone who ever mentions this curriculum loves it but I just don't. My biggest problem is that I find the themes to be disjointed and, frankly, not always very interesting. For example, my daughter doesn't need a kittens theme or a cookies theme. Life is a kittens theme and a cookies theme is just...not useful.

Also, I looked at the infant curriculum when my daughter was younger and I found it to be a bit laborious. That may just be because I think it's weird to be "schooling" an infant (or a toddler, for that matter--I didn't do the toddler thing for long because it seemed strange).

I guess the value of this curriculum is that it did inspire me to design my own preschool curriculum, using themes that would be interesting to my daughter.

• Reviewed on Wednesday, February 11, 2009
  • Grades Used: 2-year-old
  • Dates used: 2008
I know many people love this site, but I really do not. I found the preparation on my part to be way too much. Having to get the books from the library was relatively ok, though my daughter didn't like many of the books, but trying to find supplies for the activities and download all kinds of stuff, took a long time--every week! Also, my (2-year-old) daughter already knew all her letters, shapes, colors, numbers, etc., so I really felt this was a waste of our time. This site, like most preschool curriculum, will meet some people's needs and not others...at least this one is free to try. :)

• Reviewed on Monday, November 5, 2007
  • Grades Used: toddler-
  • Dates used: Oct. 2007-
Someone shared the link to this site with me two weeks ago and I am absolutely grateful. It is wonderful. I use this with my 13 month old and she loves it...the songs, the nature studies, the activities, the reading. She loves the interaction with Mama and the world around her for an hour each day. The speech is allowing her to pick up a few new words each week. I feel she is so much calmer during the day after she has her learning time that I can teach my other four dc without too many interruptions while she plays with her toys or does her "Art". So cute! I also love the free pricetag.