Cozy Grammar Video Program

themcvays

• Reviewed on Monday, October 27, 2014
  • Grades Used: K-8th
  • Dates used: 2014-15
We really enjoyed using Cozy Grammar and so far I think the children are gaining a better knowledge of both grammar and punctuation. Mrs. Rackham is VERY pleasant to watch and very likeable. She explains the concepts in a simple and easy to understand manner. Here is a link to my complete review http://wp.me/p48H1U-Ig

Eddie

• Reviewed on Tuesday, August 16, 2011
  • Grades Used: 5th, upper high school
  • Dates used: 2011
This program presents a great deal of information in a deceptively simple format. A first impression was that it is obviously not a high-budget video production. However, Marie Rackham's friendly way of presenting the information, and the thoughtful touches like classical music playing, make it a pleasure to watch. We have used this program since early 2011 and will continue to use it with each child. Five stars in our opinion.

A side note: You can now purchase individual lessons in a streaming format also, at a lower cost than the dvd set.

daisyc

• Reviewed on Monday, February 1, 2010
  • Grades Used: 15-16 year old
  • Dates used: 2007 or 2008
Minimal Improvement:
The teacher was engaging and my son thoroughly enjoyed watching her, even though he's a boy and an older teen. BUT, her own pre- and post-tests only showed a minimal improvement.

amanda boyd

• Reviewed on Monday, September 29, 2008
  • Grades Used: 2nd
  • Dates used: 2004-2005
I used this for my 6-7 yr old and my 4 yr old would sit in and watch. I used 100 language lessons with the 4yr old and he breezed through it because he remembered so much just from watching Marie. My 7yr old used Rod and Staff after that and we quit and now we are going back to Marie.

It is very thorough and not watery, yet simple to learn. For example she called the four types of sentences by their real names ie. Assertive- not telling. I liked this because my kids didnt have to relearn the names.

The lessons were short and to the point. I purchased the no frills to reduce my cost, which ment I had to print my own booklets. I am able to go through it again with my son now and he can personalize his book by making notes.

I do feel like there is a lack of practice sheets but I am going to follow another's suggestion and download free practice sheets online.

Overall, the knowledge is abundant!