K12

crowmama

• Reviewed on Monday, November 24, 2014
  • Grades Used: K,2nd,3rd,4th,8th
  • Dates used: 2005-2014
I have 2 children that have used the K12 program. This is my younger child's first year, and she's starting the 4th grade. We started late, but have been able to advance to her appropriate learning level, which is awesome! I see a lot of people complain about how there is so much work, but we started so my daughter could advance at her own pace. I'd only see a problem with the work load, and not being able to find your appropriate learning level, if your child struggled or was behind in their original school.
Been very happy so far. The registration was definitely the worst part, but since then its smooth sailing. We knew we'd have to put the time into it, so think maybe some people are overwhelmed. Hang in there, and utilize the staff. We have great teachers :)

didubai

• Reviewed on Wednesday, November 19, 2014
  • Grades Used: 3rd to 9th
  • Dates used: 2010 to today 2014
I have two children using the k12 curriculum and i have to say it is the best thing we ever decided to do. they have made huge progress not only in their grades but their self esteem and confidence have risen. K12 curriculum is very easy to understand and you receive all the resources you need delivered to your door, there is full subject teacher back up and I have never had a problem contacted them or getting their help. The system does crash occasionally but it doesn't happen very often and there is plenty of off line work that you can do until it comes back on.
I would highly recommend this curriculum to anyone thinking about homeschooling their child. The curriculum is based on your childs ability not their age and they can go at their own pace. We are now in our 5th year with K12 and are going to stay with it until both of mine have graduated high-school.
Well done k12 and keep up the good work :-)

babyd0ll

• Reviewed on Wednesday, November 19, 2014
  • Dates used: 2014
I wanted to do homeschooling because of stress from public schooling and occurring absences due to personal issues. K12 is strict, which is fine, but the majority of the teachers treat you like you're an idiot. One even said I belonged in special ed due to an anxiety attack I had at a mandatory orientation. It crashes a lot and they're not much help. I suggest you don't try k12.

celibugg17

• Reviewed on Monday, November 17, 2014
  • Dates used: 2014
I wanted to do vritual school because I had teachers at my public school that didn't care to teach and was dealing with bullying. I decided on k-12 and I really kinda wished I hadnt. First off they didn't process my paper work on time so I was enrolled late. So I started off a week and a half behind and I haven't been able to catch up from that. I left public because of horrible teachers right? Well that didn't change. I have a few teachers who never answer my emails.l, I have emailed my teacher 3 times about what I can do to get my grade up and she hasn't responded to any of them. I don't understand the class connect thing and haven't figured out how to even attend a class connect session. I do not feel like I have learned anything this semester except for the fact that the education system sucks no matter what you do. That being said, I wouldn't recommend k-12 to someone.
12345678910...