K12

TheJackson5

• Reviewed on Friday, May 15, 2015
  • Dates used: 2014-2015
Please do your research before enrolling with K12. Please read this article at Jacksonville.com "Investigation under way on K12 virtual school used in Northeast Florida districts"
I enrolled my child midway through the school year. Enrollment was a nightmare. The phone numbers the site gives you keeps you pressing another # for help and you get nowhere. Their corporate office in Herndon VA had to complete our enrollment because their 800 number couldn't do it.
I was told by the teacher that my child's *PLAN* had been modified to complete a certain percentage of the coursework to complete school on time. It wasn't. The teacher never contacted me even after a month of attending. I reached out to her first. The additional teacher never contacted me. The elective teacher didn't even have my child on her roster until I contacted her.
My child finished the entire 2nd grade curriculum in 5 months because I thought we were behind because of the issue of not having the schedule initially modified.
I contacted ALL the appropriate employees to find out why this happened and NO ONE will put anything in writing because they will be held liable for making mistakes.
I will NEVER recommend this school to anyone. Quite frankly, I believe it is a SCAM to get our tax payer dollars for corporate advancement. Go JEB BUSH!

Evilnight

• Reviewed on Tuesday, May 5, 2015
  • Dates used: 2014 - 2015
I am a highschooler on k12, and am so behind from the work they give me. I have been trying so much catch up but its real hard. Trying to get ahold of the counselor was the worst. I tried and tried due to me not getting my english course so due to that, I am behind half a credit. I never want to go to k12 again. I have hated it from day one, it is good to get kids out of the public school system, but trying to keep up with school is so hard, while other people use the laptop, for me it is ridiculous.
It is a lot harder and faster curriculum, and another thing that does bother me is that the school I'm in for highschool does not have a calender for what you need to do for one day and the next, it would have been a lot easier. But I wouldn't recommend k12 to anyone who is looking for a homeschool, getting ahold of some teachers is hard.

Annonymous15

• Reviewed on Monday, April 13, 2015
  • Dates used: 2014-2015
Already feeling bad about your academics? Want to get better grades and avoid bullies? Avoid K-12! Let me start off by saying that I have been with K-12 for three years in elementary and have came back to try it again, I majorly screwed up. The teachers like to bully the students and give you 16 pages of homework on stuff we have not learned in class, and this is a nightly routine. This schools system is very unprofessional and stressful. There is no one on one learning with the teachers, they act as if they have more important things to do, like most teachers they cry "over worked and underpaid!"... Now wait a minute, is $20-$25 an hour to start underpaid? And overworked? They're the ones sitting at home reading academics from different states out of a textbook and read it to us. Their job isn't hard, but they still can't master teaching. All of the teachers are horrible, I have YET to find one that can work with me, and MANY of other students are having this same problem as I see it in the chat-box, and the teachers whine about it when they get called out on their faults. Even enrollment was stressful, having to jump through hoops to enroll in school isn't right. And I am pushing to get this school shut down as soon as possible, as I am currently enrolled in this school and am in jeopardy of failing this year, because the teachers cannot re-read the book of academics correctly.

SHUT K-12 DOWN!

friskey

• Reviewed on Thursday, February 5, 2015
  • Dates used: 2014-2015
In rolled with K 12 for the year 2014 - 2015. Will not use it again. I had been using Abeka for 3 years before K12. Went to K 12 for tops. Some of the teachers are rude and I find sometimes it's hard to understand what they want. Most of the time you are playing catch up and then you fall back again. Just can't handle this. Abeka was a breeze compare to K 12. I am doing some searching to use a Christian Academy for next school year. I'm looking into Norteast Louisiana Christian Homeschool. They do offer Tops. As much as I like Abeka I probably will not use them only because they don't offer Tops. I'm sure he will be repeating the 8th grade. K12 has not helped us .This program is not for him. Very unsatisfied.
12345678910...