K12

Click for more information about K12

wnatali1975

• Reviewed on Tuesday, August 19, 2014
  • Dates used: 2014
I wish I would read this forum first before I tried to enroll my child with K-12. The reason I wanted to enroll was that I have to go oversees to take care of ill grandparents. I was concerned if tuition will be free. But the CSR made me sure that it will be free and it will take me only 1-3 business days to be enrolled. NOT THE CASE. At least 1 week it take them to "proceed your documents" not even approved! After that that they still should approve your application, after that I need to take online conference. I signed up for this conference and THEY CANCELLED IT notifying MY by EMAIL 4 hours before my conference time. I took off work to be at 2 pm. When I called no one could give me any reasonable answer.
Foremost, my child will not be able start the school until I did this conference and closest time was now in 2 weeks ahead! And after that I will need to wait 10 more business days for books/materials to be send to me.
And in the end, another CSR told me with a rude voice that we can't get free tuition because we will stay 2 months oversees.
OVERALL: Very NOT ORGANIZED ORGANIZATION. DON'T USE K-12.Try to do on your own or just send your kids to public school. VERY DISAPPOINTING AND canceled the enrollment.

Disgruntled

• Reviewed on Tuesday, August 19, 2014
  • Dates used: 2014-2015
Was going to enroll my son in this but the call center rep was rather rude, informed that she was reading a script, and offered her supervisor (yet didn't transfer me). Offer of public (free) option was suddenly closed; yet, private (costly) was offered. When asked for an explanation, I was told that school had already started in my state. When I pointed out the same for private schooling, rudeness was displayed. I'd advise this call center to get their business together and these options to be thoroughly explained online. Don't be just another scam out to rip off hard-working parents.

Student

• Reviewed on Saturday, August 2, 2014
  • Grades Used: 10th - 11th
  • Dates used: ~2014
My child has decided to leave K12 this year because of the teachers' and counselors' actions. Our experience with CAVA over the last few years has been horrible. Not only do the teachers (specifically Andrea Gentille) show complete apathy for the students (except for a rare few subject teachers) and take several days to respond concerning important topics, her counselor placed her in the wrong classes (including one she had ALREADY taken) and her homeroom teacher refused to help her with a reference. If the homeroom teacher doesn't know the student well enough to do a reference, then who will? My daughter will do much better on her own. We're done.

washomeschooled

• Reviewed on Friday, August 1, 2014
  • Grades Used: sophmore year
  • Dates used: 2010-2011
My mother signed me up for K12 I was pretty happy about it. Setting up classes was fun to choose from a large array of extra curricular claases to take. Teachers were resposive compared to what some others have said. The real problem is home work and tests. Every answer on all homework assignments is found on the internet. Same with tests. They think they have you locked in with the test software that wont let you leave the page once you start. Well many households have more then one computer and almost everyone has smartphones with access to internet.
12345678910...