K12

Click for more information about K12

JC780

• Reviewed on Monday, December 1, 2014
  • Dates used: 2012-2014
I started using k12 for some personal issues and I was missing out in public school. It was great right till about my first year of high school. The teachers are just incredibly rude, the entire program closes almost all the time, if you get a hold of tech support they just conveniently tell you to purchase a new computer (Mine is brand new). Let's not even talk about their ads. They do not work with you, they do not let you work at your own pace, and the teachers are unable to help if your course is not working. And if your course is not working they tell you to contact tech support and I already told you what tech support does. I live in a very violent area and that was on reason why I decided to do k12. I would risk going back to public school honestly. Do not use k12...save yourself from mountains of stress.

crowmama

• Reviewed on Monday, November 24, 2014
  • Grades Used: K,2nd,3rd,4th,8th
  • Dates used: 2005-2014
I have 2 children that have used the K12 program. This is my younger child's first year, and she's starting the 4th grade. We started late, but have been able to advance to her appropriate learning level, which is awesome! I see a lot of people complain about how there is so much work, but we started so my daughter could advance at her own pace. I'd only see a problem with the work load, and not being able to find your appropriate learning level, if your child struggled or was behind in their original school.
Been very happy so far. The registration was definitely the worst part, but since then its smooth sailing. We knew we'd have to put the time into it, so think maybe some people are overwhelmed. Hang in there, and utilize the staff. We have great teachers :)

didubai

• Reviewed on Wednesday, November 19, 2014
  • Grades Used: 3rd to 9th
  • Dates used: 2010 to today 2014
I have two children using the k12 curriculum and i have to say it is the best thing we ever decided to do. they have made huge progress not only in their grades but their self esteem and confidence have risen. K12 curriculum is very easy to understand and you receive all the resources you need delivered to your door, there is full subject teacher back up and I have never had a problem contacted them or getting their help. The system does crash occasionally but it doesn't happen very often and there is plenty of off line work that you can do until it comes back on.
I would highly recommend this curriculum to anyone thinking about homeschooling their child. The curriculum is based on your childs ability not their age and they can go at their own pace. We are now in our 5th year with K12 and are going to stay with it until both of mine have graduated high-school.
Well done k12 and keep up the good work :-)

babyd0ll

• Reviewed on Wednesday, November 19, 2014
  • Dates used: 2014
I wanted to do homeschooling because of stress from public schooling and occurring absences due to personal issues. K12 is strict, which is fine, but the majority of the teachers treat you like you're an idiot. One even said I belonged in special ed due to an anxiety attack I had at a mandatory orientation. It crashes a lot and they're not much help. I suggest you don't try k12.
12345678910...