K12

Click for more information about K12

friskey

• Reviewed on Thursday, February 5, 2015
  • Dates used: 2014-2015
In rolled with K 12 for the year 2014 - 2015. Will not use it again. I had been using Abeka for 3 years before K12. Went to K 12 for tops. Some of the teachers are rude and I find sometimes it's hard to understand what they want. Most of the time you are playing catch up and then you fall back again. Just can't handle this. Abeka was a breeze compare to K 12. I am doing some searching to use a Christian Academy for next school year. I'm looking into Norteast Louisiana Christian Homeschool. They do offer Tops. As much as I like Abeka I probably will not use them only because they don't offer Tops. I'm sure he will be repeating the 8th grade. K12 has not helped us .This program is not for him. Very unsatisfied.

msladylove

• Reviewed on Thursday, February 5, 2015
  • Grades Used: 9th grade
  • Dates used: 2016
Ohva its a ok school they just think that stressing the child out is good for them and then sometimes they push the kids too hard also they put a lot of work on the kids then when us parents tell our children to do the best they can they make them feel like it is not good enough my child is not an A plus student its just not fair

KM86

• Reviewed on Thursday, January 22, 2015
  • Grades Used: 3rd grade
  • Dates used: 2014-2015
we had a horrible experience with K12.
My once A honor roll student is now a failing student.
No matter how hard he works, he can't keep up with his classwork with all the projects, research papers, and class connects. Those all take up his time and leaves him with no time to do classwork/homework.

He was told that he would be able to work at his own pace--not true. We were told a lot of things hat were not true. We don't get to leave the house during the school week because he always has a class connects. Even during holidays when he's got off, he still has to be there for class connects.

They have accused my son of being too stupid to be able to do the STAAR test. I have given him STAAR questions and he has passed all of them. My son is completely stressing oht. No matter how much we help him, he can't catch up. He had a "week" to catch up on everything and he submitted a ton of work. His teacher said that he had failed to submit anything in. Plus they added more classes to his plan. They are sinking him instead of helping him.

Forget about parental rights. The Special Ed board just does whatever they want and not take you into account. This whole program is horrible. It's perfect if you want you overachiever to start stressing and failing. The teacher doesn't even help.

breakindabullet

• Reviewed on Friday, January 16, 2015
  • Grades Used: 5th-6th
  • Dates used: 2012-2015
I have tried many online home school options and this is one of the worst. I would definitely not recommend this curriculum. They do not give you all of the books that are required to complete the grade, so you have to skip about 25% of the year. The science experiments fail every time and some of the materials they require for the experiments are very difficult to get. In vocabulary they have words that are synonyms in the same lesson so it is extremely difficult to get good grades. The spelling stops at the 5th grade. The composition is very easy.The math has the same subjects each grade, just like the science. The American History and literature are probably the best subjects but still have questions that they don't teach you. K12 is also very glitchy and shuts down in the middle of assesments. I would give this online school a 2 out of 10.

They even tell you fake information.
K12 never has updates. It is 2015 and they say that 1990 is recent and 2003 happened just last year.
I don't understand why someone would put their time into making this website to make children fail at everything and make them lose confidence in themselves. Whoever came up with this sorry excuse for crap is a monster.
12345678910...