North Atlantic Regional High School

Lhun1986

• Reviewed on Monday, January 9, 2017
  • Dates used: 2016-2017
Is this school even open. I have tried contacting them several times by email and phone. I've gotten no response!

hendermom

• Reviewed on Wednesday, October 28, 2015
  • Dates used: 2006-2010
My daughter had a dream to become a high-level musician. She wanted to attend a respectable music conservatory after high school. She began practicing her instrument 3 hours per day in middle school. She also took lessons from a major symphony member 2 hours away on a weekly basis.

NARHS was the perfect solution to schooling for us. It provided the structure we needed and the ability to track all of my daughter's work as we went along. The log book & self-designed course option allowed us to use my daughter's private music lessons and youth orchestra experiences as credit classes. During the last years of high school, she took a combination of online classes, community college classes and self-designed courses. She was accepted to some fairly exclusive colleges, and is now working toward her masters at Juilliard.

I recommend NARHS to anyone I meet who is considering home schooling a high school-age child.

cldade55

• Reviewed on Wednesday, June 12, 2013
  • Dates used: 2009-2012
I home schooled my daughter after she was bullied out of middle school. She is brilliant, she has an anxiety disorder and she made the huge social mistake of coming out in 7th grade.

NARHS allowed her to do a mix of college level and high school work for high school credit, forced her to have a normal high school curriculum, not just the things she liked, and generally helped me prepare her for college.

Will all schools take the diploma? I don't know. I filed the home school supplement to the common application with the transcript as an attachment for some schools and simply submitted the transcript to others. The transcript not only listed her college credit examinations but reported her official scores, simplifying the application process considerably.

She was admitted to several schools with substantial academic scholarships on the basis of her NARHS diploma and her SAT scores (which were very good). She will be attending the school that admitted her to their honors program with a full tuition scholarship. The admissions officer at that college told me that the NARHS documentation requirements (he checked) and transcript made it easy to evaluate my home schooled daughter's application for admission and scholarship purposes just like any applicant who had attended a regular high school.

If a school does not take the NARHS transcript, you can always submit the course portfolios you developed for NARHS to the school. I scanned every year's portfolio into a pdf, just in case.

vbyoda

• Reviewed on Tuesday, September 6, 2011
  • Grades Used: 6th - 12th
  • Dates used: 2005-2011
Our daughter just graduated from NARHS, and we have used their program since starting home schooling at 6th grade. NARHS is an excellent program for what it is intended to do which is provide structure to your home school curriculum and help you deliver a verifiable home school curriculum and transcript.

The tools, forms, logbook, etc. are excellent and basically can take the novice home parent and get you up and running in a excellent system.

Our daughter was accepted this year at the University of Missouri, UCLA, and Hillsdale College all of which were provided her NARHS transcript as the only evidence of her high school career.

I highly recommend NARHS to all home school families.