Muzzy Spanish

jen_vineyard

• Reviewed on Thursday, August 21, 2008
  • Grades Used: Level I
  • Dates used: 2006-2007
This is a complete waste of time. Having been a Spanish teacher, I plan on scrapping this method ASAP and utilizing my own methods. This program is hyped beyond belief and I cannot figure out why. The storyline is dumb, my daughter was not engaged, and for the cost-go elsewhere!

sweethomeschool

• Reviewed on Friday, October 26, 2007
  • Grades Used: K
  • Dates used: 2007
We love Muzzy Spanish! I, Mom, personally love it! We borrow it from the Public Library, sometimes VHS tapes, sometimes CDs, what ever is available at the time. I learn Spanish with Muzzy along with my 4+ years daughter. She watches it every day for already over one months for at least an hour or two in a day. There is love story between Princess and Gardener, that really appeals to little girls, and she loves it. Sometimes she will watch Vocabulary untis by herself. She learned a lot in a month, and even I learned something (of course she is faster learner, brand new brains). I like it too. There is nothing offensive in the story, well may be for a deeply religious family, but not for a secular one, just on the contrary, I think it is very imaginative story, and the method is very good and effective. We are going to continue. Take it from the library and try for yourself. You may surprize yourself! We are also going to try Muzzy French as soon as available, and I will post the review.

Nikki Holthusen

• Reviewed on Thursday, August 25, 2005
  • Grades Used:
  • Dates used:
I bought Muzzy for our family of five (all three kids are under 5 years old). I agree with the posts below that the story line is not the best; however, I'm not offended by it. Yes, the audio does sound a little garbled at times, but I don't see this as a detriment. Many Spanish speakers I come into contact with do not speak clearly, so I think it's okay if my children are able to understand garbled Spanish. They will be able to understand clear Spanish as well.

The main advantage I see with Muzzy is that my children are very receptive to learning to speak Spanish. They love watching it, and it's a good review for me and my husband as well.

The main disadvantage I see is the cost. I agree that it is way TOO expensive. If you really want this one, look for it on e-bay! I can't compare it to other programs because I haven't used any others, but others may be just as well if not better.

Sheda King

• Reviewed on Monday, July 25, 2005
  • Grades Used: 1st & 3rd
  • Dates used: Fall 2004
I would NOT reccommend this program. The language on the dvd was garbled and very difficult to make out the correct pronunciation. My children felt it was not interesting and the story line bothered me. It is over priced and we did not stick to it at all!