Mapping the World By Heart

Dawn

• Reviewed on Friday, January 12, 2007
  • Grades Used: All
  • Dates used: Bought in 2006
I was so looking forward to this purchase. I read so many glowing reviews on it. And I was so disappointed when I received it. It is so vague and has very little detail in it. I really wanted details. The information in it could've been found on the internet. Very little of it is informative to run with and teach. And its overpriced. I'm so glad I bought it on sale. Its back to the drawing board for me. I'm still looking for a geography course with substance.

Fran Leguia

• Reviewed on Friday, August 31, 2001
  • Grades Used: 6th and up
  • Dates used: July 2001
This course was a total waste of money. I would have demanded my money back but the company I ordered it from won't refund opened materials. It costs approximately $50.00 for a demonstrative video (which was self-promotional hype), a few maps (very few, not nearly enough to do even a fraction of the course), and what they call a teacher's guide. Basically the teacher's guide tells you to have the child draw the country, label the cities and rivers, and memorize the latitude and longitude. In other words do what you do in any other Geography course. I expected so much and all I got was ripped off.