High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

ACE economics?

ACE economics?

My 11th grader would prefer a straight-forward, get-it-done economics course. One that I'm considering is ACE, but I'm not finding many reviews on it. Hoping that someone here can chime in!

re: ACE economics?

2 of mine have done it. At that level, they were working on their own, so I can't really give much info on it. I do know that it is still the 3rd edition. From what I could tell, I thought it was a pretty solid curriculum. My dd did it first, and I remember looking through it and telling her that I didn't learn this information until I was in college.

Thank you! Did your dc find it dry? That's the main complaint I seem to be seeing.

Well, let's think about that! ;) I'm not really sure how that subject could not be "dry'. They didn't complain, but they were my two who were diligent about doing their work, and are fine with the "get 'er done" way that ACE works. Has this particular child of yours used ACE before, and how did that go?

Well, I think economics is kind of interesting, depending on how it's presented. I remember really liking from my economics course in high school (Economics in One Lesson by Hazlitt). But I know that's not a commonly held view, lol!

We haven't ever used ACE, no. We're usually read-and-discuss homeschoolers. :-) I think we might go in a little bit different direction after looking around. Thank you so much for your help!

Have you looked at Notgrass? That might be more up your alley.

Yes, I've looked at Notgrass, but I think we want more of an Austrian slant to what we use. Right now my plan is to use Lessons for the Young Economist as our text and then use Google classroom to create our own worksheets and answer the discussion questions in the text.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond