High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

MFW users or Atlas to go with World History Map Activities

MFW users or Atlas to go with World History Map Activities

I need a good atlas recommendation to go with World History Map Activities.

I don't use MFW, but I know they have this scheduled in their 10th grade package, and they use Rand McNally Historical Atlas of the World.

Have you found that this atlas is adequate for completing the map activities? The maps are pretty detailed and I want to have a good resource for finding the information they require.

re: MFW users or Atlas to go with World History Map Activities

struggling to remember all of that. I do not remember having to find another source other than the Historical Atlas of the World in order to complete the MFW assignments in the Walch World History Activities. So I think it did work.
It's possible that not everything in the World HIstory map work was assigned.
Middle gal was the one who (made) the pretty maps in WHL. I know she followed any extra notes that were in the mfw lesson planner. I mention that to not say you need mfw lesson planner, but to say if something is too hard to find in the atlas, or causing a smack in the wall to find it, adjust the assignment.

But yes, that was the atlas used for completing the assignments. And I don't remember Middle gal struggling to use it. I know oldest hating doing them and complained and whined but it wasn't the atlas that was her issue. It was the black line masters in the Map Activity book. She has some visual issues that made seeing the "land" vs "the water" hard on her eyes and brain to process. Again, middle gal did not have that problem. (oldest and I did)

This post was edited on Feb 07, 2018 06:57 PM

Thanks! I realized I actually own that atlas so that's perfect. Mine has a different cover so I didn't realize it was the right one.

yep, the cover on that changes often to look pretty. :)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond