High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

Christian Light Education Literature

Christian Light Education Literature

Anyone using the literature they carry for highschool?
How do you like it?

re: Christian Light Education Literature

My dd, now age 23, did it for all 4 years of HS. She really liked it, but she is more of a bookworm. I tried my boys on it, they really disliked it. It is certainly a good curriculum, but probably a matter of personality as to whether it's a good fit, or not, for your particular student.

fruitful vine did you use the 8th grade or just the high school level? I'm curious to know if highschool CLE Lit is different from those units.I can't judge alot by the samples, I'm a need to see it in my hands or get a review from someone. Do you think the work is advanced? Is the reading difficult? Does it require essays? We are not big time readers, but I do assign my dd to read for pleasure or books that go with Notgrass history. Thanks

My older children did do the 7th & 8th grade readers. I would say the high school is very similar to that. As far as writing essays, I honestly can't remember if there were a lot assigned or not. I know that even if there were, I didn't necessarily require her to do it. ( she was not college bound) She worked very independently those years, as she's the oldest of 5. I do remember that it seemed there was a lot of poetry, which was something she enjoyed, that my boys definitely did not enjoy.

Oh, level of difficulty, I'm not sure how to really judge that. It does continue like the 7th & 8th in that you read portions of novels, not the whole thing. And they are definitely the older, classic type, works, so some solid vocabulary. I think one thing that helped my dd to comprehend is that she has always only read the KJV Bible.

Thank you!

I used it, and enjoyed it, but I'm a language person, so that probably makes a difference. It was fun and interesting.

This post was edited on Feb 10, 2018 03:56 PM

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond