High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

American History suggestions other than Notgrass

American History suggestions other than Notgrass

My dd will be in 10th grade next year, and I am looking for a good American history curriculum. She is an advanced reader, and Notgrass looks ok. I am just wondering about other options. Fwiw, we have been using multiple resources for our courses this year such as Great Courses in addition to books/textbooks.

re: American History suggestions other than Notgrass

Check out Beautiful Feet Books.

bfbooks.com

Two of my children used BJU's US history (in conjunction with how mfw schedules it).
Middle gal then did test prep for CLEP US History 1 and passed easily. and is in process of prep work for US History 2. (and she's not advanced. she's average)
used modernstates.org and practice tests for prep work after the course.

We're using Heart of Dakota this year for our oldest ' s US History. It's done over 11th and 12th grades, with an optional Government (1/2 cr) course done in 11th alongside learning the first half of American history. Then in 12th you finish the last half of American history and can do an optional Economics (1/2 cr) course alongside. I will say it's not for the faint of heart, as it's advanced reading, and in-depth.

This post was edited on Feb 01, 2018 10:33 AM

We use BJU for history and have been happy with it.

My 10th grader is reading A History of The American People by Paul Johnson and enjoying it. It's quite a hefty book and challenging but well written and interesting. She plans on taking the U.S. History CLEP test 1 & 2 after finishing it. We will see how that goes. I am allowing lots of time to finish this book. It's over 900 pages.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond