High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

Bible History?

Bible History?

Is there a good Bible History lesson out there?
What have you used, what did you like about it?

re: Bible History?

Have you tried CLE? I haven't looked at the high school level yet. I'm having my highschooler and middle schooler work together on their 7th grade level, the four gospels, just one subject we can do together and make my life a little easier. I've been really impressed with the content and the Jewish history it includes. I will definitely continue to use these throughout highschool. (and the 7th grade level wasn't too immature for my 9th grader) The price isn't bad either;)
Sharee

Master Books has a Bible Archeology course that looks interesting!

Just saw that you posted this question twice, so I'll copy my answer here in case anyone is searching in the future and finds this thread first.

My Father's World does an excellent job of this, specifically in 9th and 10th grades. But I'm not sure if you want a full curriculum that integrates Bible, History & English. The three subjects crossover so that the student is doing research and writing across the curriculum (all subjects). For example, the "poetry" books of the Bible are studied as part of the English credit in 9th grade.

If you don't want something *that* complete, maybe try The Bible Project done by Focus on the Family. They take you through a history of the Bible, i.e., who wrote each book of the Bible, the timeframe, the audience they were writing to, etc. And it's free! There are videos to watch, too.

Scroll down a bit until you get to the blue boxes beginning with Genesis 1-11:

https://thebibleproject.com/explore/

I don't know what level you're looking for, but I thought I'd mention Master Books. They have a Bible Archeology course that looks amazing. It is for older children though. Or parents. ;)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond