re: High School Plans 2018

My dd will do:
Apologia Biology at co-op
David Quines Worldview 1 aT co-op
ASL at co-op
“Honors” Geometry at Mathnasium
Pony Club (some science credit)
Horse for PE

Not sure how we plan to cover art/music credits but she had so many years of music lessons I don’t feel she needs any more. She IS an artist so maybe I’ll just have her do some good pencil drawings with a goal to improve using some drawing books, and make her keep a portfolio. :)

Basically anything that I can outsource I do. I’m more like outsource schooling than homeschooling.

I heard from MorningSong via another forum. She is having technical difficulties logging in on here, but wanted to let everyone know she's reading and appreciating the replies.

My son will be in 9th grade. My tentative plans as of now are:
•SOS English
•SOS History
•TT Algebra
•Apologia Science
•Home Economics (with me)
•Youversion Devotional
•Maybe piano on Udemy?
•Co-Op classes (not sure what they’re offering yet, but he will probably do Apologia science, Drama, Yearbook & study hall)
•Duolingo Spanish

I have twin 18 year olds and a 16 year old, all December birthdays.

Our school looks so unorganized compared to the rest of you.

We definitely fall into the life skills, unschooly method. I don't plan things for them, but we assist with what they want to know. Mostly this relates to $ accounts, bookkeeping, and customer relations.

They find the information they need for the stuff they do otherwise.

The twins did ask for an Easy Grammar book awhile back to brush up on punctuation. ;)

Considering how many things I've already changed this school year, my plans are pretty tentative. But here's a few things I think we'll do next year (grade 10):

TT geometry
BJU World history online
CLP Bible
DIVE science?
TOL English 2
Total health
Rosetta Stone French

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond