High School and Beyond

Reply to topic

Search

Need a short anatomy study

Need a short anatomy study

Any ideas for a short anatomy unit? I need about 8-weeks long, for a 9th grade boy. I was thinking about Body by Design, but wondering what other options I would have. Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

re: Need a short anatomy study

You might want to check out the resourses used in Guest Hollows anatomy program for ideas.

Thanks, good idea!

I was also wondering about PAC's Anatomy and Physiology. There's only two booklets and I think it's a half credit. Anyone have an opinion on that one? I did a search and it seemed to get positive reviews.

We used a DVD program called "Body of Evidence" w/ Dr. David Menton. It comes with or without a workbook. We thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a lot. I will say that some of the info got very technical and went right over our heads, but I have no regrets. Highly recommend! We purchased our set from Answers In Genesis - no idea who else might offer it.

We used PAC- my daughter liked it and learned a lot. :)

Thanks! I think we are going to try PAC and see how that goes.

I realize this is quite old, but in case anyone else is looking for something similar we used Fascinating Education. They had a free Anatomy course that we signed up for and my daughter used that. You could print the material out.

I believe Friendly Biology, Friendly chemistry...not sure what to call it all...but they also have an anatomy curriculum....with DVD's ect. the man is a Veterinarian so it pretty good stuff. Marne

Reply to topic

Search

Return to High School and Beyond