Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

re: Duggars and pork products

Duggars and pork products

they said on the show tonight that because of the religious beliefs that the Duggars do not eat any pork products??? I'm confused by that. I only know Jewish people and Muslim people not to eat pork. Is there another religion as well that doesn't?

Well, I am a Seventh Day Adventist and we don't eat pork, but I also have a friend who goes to a non denominational church and doesn't eat pork from her own convictions of reading the Bible.

HTH
Kerrie

Well, I had some friends who didn't, but they wer eneither Jewish nor Muslim. They had a home church and they were New test. believers, but they adhered to some Old. Test. laws still. Not all, but some. Though they weren't Seventh Day Adventist, either. Perhaps it is an individual thing? (I guess that means the Duggars don't cook that yummy Southern pulled pork. When I saw your title, I at first thought it'd be something along those lines. I thought - Oh, maybe it's a recipe from the Duggar's for their pulled pork.) ;)

Not Jewish or Muslim here, but there's an older couple in our church (in their 70's) who don't eat pork. She explained to me one time that based upon her study of the Bible AND an understanding of where pork comes from and what pigs eat, she believes God had very genuine *health* reasons for forbidding certain foods in the OT, including pork.

So it's not a "follow the OT law" reasoning, but rather, believing that God's reasons for forbidding certain foods were certainly justified for health reasons.

man, are they missing out on some yummy Southern pulled pork barbeque!

we love it!

We don't eat it, but it is for health reasons- not healthy at all.

Julie in SC

I know people who believe that there are reasons why it was forbidden in the OT and so they don't eat it and they are evangelical. I know 7th Day don't eat it also.
I for one enjoy my sausage, bacon, and ham.

I know a lot of Christians who won't eat pork.

We do, though. We raise hogs on pasture.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat