Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Michaels..Teacher's ID required for discount

Michaels..Teacher's ID required for discount

Michaels has a 15% discount on Fridays for teachers. BUT, you must have a "teacher's id". Any ideas as to how to get a teacher's id? Or are we just out of luck?

Thanks for the input!

re: Michaels..Teacher's ID required for discount

I made my own. Stick the name of your school and your name on their. I found a logo/symbol that I liked and took it to Kinko's to get it laminated. No one questions anything that has been laminated.

You are your own private school and they do not want to mess with homeschoolers!

You could also just write a letter from "the principal" and have it signed. Make sure to put the name of your "school" on it.

If you get an "approval" letter from your school district (or whoever you have to report to in your state), that worked for me at Barnes and Noble.

Thanks for the ideas...I notice that the HS co-op gives out free id cards...personalized for teachers/students. I am going to give it a go.

FYI: in MI we don't have to report/register etc. with the school district/state or anyone. Cool!

I'm a member of Crossroads Christian School and they sent us
an ID card. It's just a business card w/ my name handwritten on it w/ CCS teacher ID typed on it. Bealls has teacher discount days and I used it w/out any problems.

Judy

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat