Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

NEED QUICK ANSWER PLEASE: Does cornmeal have little black/brown flecks in it? or is it dead bugs?

NEED QUICK ANSWER PLEASE: Does cornmeal have little black/brown flecks in it? or is it dead bugs?

Making cornmeal mush for brunch and saw brownish flecks that I have examined closely and of course I thought bugs, but they don't really look like bugs
help!
thank you

re: NEED QUICK ANSWER PLEASE: Does cornmeal have little black/brown flecks in it? or is it dead bugs?

Mine doesn't. Mine is orange and tan. My dh said some Mexican cornmeals can, but.... When in doubt, throw it out..

jules

re: NEED QUICK ANSWER PLEASE: Does cornmeal have little black/brown flecks in it? or is it dead bugs?

Mine doesn't either. Tan maybe, but not black. What brand are you using?

Corn meal does have little black specs in it sometimes. As long as they are not moving; you're good to go. :0)

yes, my cornmeal has a few black flecks here and there. this is fine. (FYi: I always store cornmeal in the freezer, just so it's won't get meal worms)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat