Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

AWANA - HangGlider Patches sew or iron

AWANA - HangGlider Patches sew or iron

Do you iron on the new HangGlider patches or not?

I Ironed on the patches for the old books then found out that they were supposed to be sewed on. So my DD will have all 3 patches on her vest this year. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

re: AWANA - HangGlider Patches sew or iron

I don't know the difference between old and new; this is our first year of sparks. But I sew them on. I will admit that I spend very little time on it and it's sloppy, but you know what? They're on there :) My mom would be appalled if she saw my son's Sparks vest, lol.

I ironed on Cubbies patches last year and they came off, so I'm leery of ones that say they can be ironed on. Fabric glue didn't work either, although a friend says that the Boy Scouts sell a "badge glue" that stays.

Bea

I sewed.

The leader said I could try ironing, but they sometimes come off. I didn't want her to lose it.

Oh my goodness- I will admit to having safety pinned or stapled them on, LOL, and I can sew!

I say sew if you can- I don't trust the iron on stuff.

Now, if I could just get the cheap pin on DD8s T&T badge to stay on.....

I sewed . . . before I knew they were iron on!! And now I just have to sew them all, it would absolutely freak me out if I didn't. But you could always use super glue.

becky

Okay, I am laughing here because on my kitchen counter I have a climber patch (my 2nd grade dd who is still in the old book-I have had this patch for at least a month), a hang glider patch, and my 5 year old dd's charter numbers. I have been THINKING about sewing them on for weeks now....

Anyone else's kid running around with a naked AWANA vest???LOL:)

Coleen

Amen, Coleen....I've got a stack for about 5-6 patches that need to be attached, I just don't want to do it...

I used two sided iron on tape - hem tape - to attach the other patches. They DON"T COME OFF. From what I've read you don't have to remove the new patches like you do the older ones, I just want to make sure they don't have to be removed next year because when I iron them on they stay.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat