Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Bushes that smell like cat pee?

Bushes that smell like cat pee?

We do not have a cat and I have not brought anything new into my house that smells like cat pee, but we have this smell in our dining room area. We have large windows in that room and we have them open. There are bushes under the windows and I have heard of bushes that smell like cat pee. Has anyone ever heard of this? Can you tell me the name of the bushes? I want to look them up and see if they are like the ones out front. The smell is driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance,
Sherry

re: Bushes that smell like cat pee?

Maybe it is a catbush?? LOL...........JK.

You know, we have the same issue here. But I seem to notice it alot more when our lawn gets cut, and it STINKS.

I hope someone pipes in and gives us an idea.

How about a Buxus bush. Sort of looks like a boxwood.
Heard it can smell like cat pee...
Stacey

Balsam trees smell EXACTLY like cat pee.

If you have any mulch under that bush and there are strays in the neighborhood, they may be using that area as their litterbox.

YES! We have them too!
It drove me nuts for weeks when we moved in tour current house, because I was certain that our cats were being bad...but they weren't ( thank goodness!)

Hemlock trees are known to have this scent (as well as a few other evergreens) - but hemlock is what we have in our backyard.

Peeee-Yew!

I don't know what they are called, but they are an evergreen shrubby thing- not really prickly, but flat "clumpy" looking 'leaves.'

I think they smell worse than cat pee. :^P

uh oh, that is the kind of bush we have. eeewwww. It stinks.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat