Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Ugh. Parent vent

re: Ugh. Parent vent

Agreed.

Dd and I have different personalities. I've always been very gregarious, sunny, optimistic. She is quieter, more introspective, somewhat more moody (but can get excited and bubbly when the occasion calls for it).

When she lived here as a teen and had those monthly blues, I was quieter and gave her space. I also prayed, and at times the Lord prompted me just to hug her and tell her I loved her. She always received that well, no matter how moody she was at the time.

I think God must have made this condition to make it easier for us to let our young adult leave us and move on in life. I can’t wait till my oldest enters the next phase of her life.

Oh, I can sooooo relate. With 17 and 14 year old daughters and myself here in the home, things can often feel like one big mood swing roller coaster. I just told my husband tonight that I'm going to get a PMS calendar and make every female here write her dates in it so we can all know exactly what we are dealing with when it comes to the female moods!! We are newly licensed foster parents, and I just keep thinking...please no more girls lol. Just give me boys!!

I have dd#3 who is almost 15, who refuses to tell me when she has PMS. If you ask her, she has never had a menstrual period. Although she leaves evidence all around and is in a crabby mood 90% of the time.

Dd #5 is almost 11 and starting to get pretty moody. She is farther along on the path than dd#4 which is a constant source of irritation to #4 who is almost 12.

Now that I am past all of that I guess chemo brain and irritability from steroids which I get weekly, makes up for PMS.

I remember that feeling when my oldest was becoming an unpleasant adolescent. An older and wiser mother told me that he was doing the business of being a teenager and trying to break away to become independent. She said that without that, it would break our hearts to see them leave. Now he is a wonderful man in his late 30's, but things were rough for awhile.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat