Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Ugh. Parent vent

Ugh. Parent vent

Okay, dd is beginning to have issues with her monthly. This means at certain times of the month we cannot be around each other. No matter what I say or do, or don't say and don't do - she is absolutely livid with me. I remember those days, myself.

The deal is, even though I went through this myself, I'm not planning on tolerating disrespect. Yes, trying to give her space but, grrr, she really pushes my buttons.

Today, for the first time ever, the thought drifted through my mind that I'll be glad when she's on her own....this makes me sad.

re: Ugh. Parent vent

You're not alone. Dd is very touchy and everything/anything will set her off. She is then rude and disrespectful to all of us. I tell her point blank that she can't do that. She wouldn't to her friends, she can't when she starts working, she didn't with her ballet teacher, etc. She is not going to be that way here. If she needs to, she can just "hibernate" in her room as much as she is able. She will still need to do some interactions, but they will not be unacceptable behavior.

It IS tough!

K

Hugs to you.

My 19yo and 17yo dds are both living at home. There are a couple of days every month where the three of us just have to avoid each other and not talk. ;)

Thanks ladies! It feels better to know we're not alone. Although it's not a fun boat to be in. :-)

This actually keeps you from being totally devastated when she leaves for college.

Minnie . . .

hahaha
hahaha

K

Minnie! What a hoot!

minnie is 100% correct. there is a time and season for everything. we grow out of our babies, and they grow out of us.
Pray, keep quiet...wash and repeat.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat