Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Any one been to Ark Encounter?

Any one been to Ark Encounter?

Planning a trip and looking for an affordable place to stay for a large family. 8 people.

The tickets are expensive. Any way to get discounts? Is Museum worth seeing?

Any other free attractions in the area?

re: Any one been to Ark Encounter?

I believe it's worth seeing. we live about 35 mins from there; our pastor used to work for AIG- many locals work there.

free stuff in the area: National Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio (easy 75 min drive north on I-75...WORTH AN ALL DAY VISIT and free for the entire family). Wright Patterson Air Force Museum and Base.

Cincinnati Zoo; very fun. you can get discounts locally at Kroger Grocery or google for coupons.

the museum is worth visiting too. I think (call guest relations) they do offer larger group discounts (like for 10 or more) call and ask.

there are several bed and breakfasts in the area; we have folks at our church who run two rental homes. Look here for a start.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bed+and+breakfast+Ark+Encounter+AIG&oq=bed+and+breakfast+Ark+Encounter+AIG&aqs=chrome..69i57.14529j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The famous Kentucky Horse Park is just down I-75 (one hour) from the Ark Encounter....not free..but cool to visit.

the Creation Museum is 7 minutes from the Greater Cincinnati/NKY airport; you might be able to get a suite at Hampton Inn or Country Suites for your large group. Right off the interstate.

Definitely worth seeing. We went last summer the day after the creation museum. We stayed on the far side of the airport at a Hampton Inn and it was all families, very reasonable and hot breakfast included.

I don’t know of anything else in the area. When we left there we went south to Dale Hollow Lake and rented a houseboat for a few days. Highly recommend that.

I might be taking a couple of my youngest there this week. Not sure yet. Dh has another conference in that general area and we'd just tag along.

Great Suggestions!
I have been wondering about this....off to look at these freebie places. Thank You!

P.S. I really did end up going a few weeks back. My 12, 11, 8, and 6 year olds and I really enjoyed it. It was thought provoking because I always kinda had a kiddie picture book concept going on in my mind about the ark.

Yes, we have been twice in the past. We loved it!!

fun@home

BUMP

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat