Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Roll Call

re: Roll Call

I'm still here. I started visiting this site back in 2007-08 I think...we started homeschooling on 2008. Oldest is in 9th and youngest is 4th, so we have many years left. I mainly stayed on the homeschool side until a few years back. I read the chit chat but didn't post. I still read, but usually only post if it's relevant. I think there is a FB page for this group, but I'm not sure anyone runs it bc I asked to join but never was approved. Someone could always start a new one and request usernames from here to join.

We're loving life in sunny Florida since 2013..GA before that. My folks are still there, but my mom is gradually deteriorating...my dad recently decided he'll most likely put her in a nursing home soon. That's hard to deal with bc I'm not there, but he's 80 and she's 73, and he's her primary caretaker. It's getting harder on him. She has really, really bad arthritis that has caused many falls and constant pain. Prayers appreciated.

Sherrie

I'm still here, and still home schooling. :)

I am still here. Youngest is now a freshman in college. I think I joined about 2007? Because of this site, I learned how to teach an ADD trait child, what a lap book is, why people hate doctors and Big Pharm, that I want one of Miss Mayberry’s sons as my future son-in-law, that humor and sarcasm doesn’t transmit well in a post because no one can see the warm smile while typing, that I am honored to be a conservative, that I am politically stupid, that 1shortmom is incredibly cool IRL, that MartinBeef is to die for gorgeous, that someone can hula, that Klee Kai is the coolest dog breed ever, that Florida is the best state ever, and that God is good in all things and has His hand on our imaginary friends, too.

Love you guys.

I am still here. Youngest is now a freshman in college. I think I joined about 2007? Because of this site, I learned how to teach an ADD trait child, what a lap book is, why people hate doctors and Big Pharm, that I want one of Miss Mayberry’s sons as my future son-in-law, that humor and sarcasm doesn’t transmit well in a post because no one can see the warm smile while typing, that I am honored to be a conservative, that I am politically stupid, that 1shortmom is incredibly cool IRL, that MartinBeef is to die for gorgeous, that someone can hula, that Klee Kai is the coolest dog breed ever, that Florida is the best state ever, and that God is good in all things and has His hand on our imaginary friends, too.

Love you guys.

Minnie - ROFL!! All those things for me except the Miss Mayberry’s son part, bc I don’t want my dd moving so far away! LOL

I’m still here. One daughter graduated, married and has our first grand baby. One graduating this year. Two more in 5th and 3rd.

I don’t post or read as much as I used to. Life is crazy busy!!!

I think I joined in 2006. My now 12 year old was a baby. My oldest is now a junior in college and my middle in a junior in high school. I remember the days when this site was so lively, and was definitely my lifeline for learning about curriculum and just about everything else under the sun. I know there are so many outlets now for homeschoolers, but this site will always have my heart.

I think I have been here about 10 years or so. My older children have completed college, and now I have started homeschooling all over again with my youngest. I don't have as many questions or need to do as much research the second time around, but I still like to come here. I have learned so much here and have gotten so much support over the years.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat