Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Roll Call

re: Roll Call

I started homeschooling in 2003. I’ve been here since about 2008 or so...my second dc is graduating this year and I have another 13 years to go before all of our dc graduate. :)

Oops...the famous double post

This post was edited on Feb 24, 2018 10:00 PM

I've been here since, probably, 2006. We are in our last semester of homeschool and then it's back to work for me. I haven't been on HSR for several weeks as I've been focusing on health and chauffeuring two extremely busy young adults (we've been down a car).

Thanks for starting this thread, martinbeef6!

And by the way, Cricket brought up a good point in the thread she started. If this site just disappears one day, it'd be sad to lose track of you all. Is there another homeschool site we could go to? I know that chfweb dot com still has a little bit of activity. It doesn't look like there are advertisers so maybe it will stay up. We'd have to use the same usernames as we have here in order to "find" each other there.

Or, there's always facebook but we'd have to breach each other's privacy (although I do have an HSR friend on fb!).

I am another who has been here since Tammy (around 2003/4). Oldest has graduated & running the family business; youngest still being homeschooled. I don't post much, mostly due to caring for my chronically ill/disabled dh :(

WTM forum will probably be around long after this site is gone and it is a fairly safe place to stay connected ;)

Not sure when I started here. It was back when Tammy was still at the helm.

Started hs'ing in 1996 when oldest was 6.

4 married. 2 grandchildren, presently 2 foster grandchildren. 1 lives next door, single. 8 still at home plus 2 fosters. (I have 7 teens in my house right now!!)

I should still be here for a long while yet. My youngest is 6.

This is my tenth year hsing, and I joined this forum a few months before I pulled my Dd out of ps. So I've been here 10-11 years. That Dd is now graduated, and my youngest is now at the end of her 9th grade year. I'm not on here as often as I was back in the day, but I still check in every few weeks to read and occasionally answer posts if I have time. I used to spend hours on here, and could hardly keep up with the posts.

I have never found another home school site I like as much as this one. Facebook IS easier, though, as we can see new posts in groups right away. Do we have a Facebook HSR group?? We should make one in case this site goes proof. I would miss you guys!

I still pop in several times a week to see if there's anything exciting going on. I think I came here when my youngest was in 2nd grade or so. He's a freshman in college now, so I'm officially "retired" from homeschooling. The two that are in college are only 40 miles away, so we're able to visit often, but they're going through the typical trying to figure life out. Our oldest only lives a mile from us. We have 1.5 grandchildren, 2 parents in nursing homes, 1 parent having knee replacement in March, and husband very much dislikes the job he has, so yes, there's a little stress in our household.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat