Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Roll Call

Roll Call

seems like the energy here has died; I think the fact that we've had spammers and trolls here, without supervision in recent weeks....has killed some enthusiasm.

In the meantime, let's take a roll call and share something.

I joined this forum in 2006. I'm now finished Homeschooling and am a new grandma!

re: Roll Call

I joined when my youngest was in K or 1st. He is graduating this year and busy getting ready for college. My dh just retired, and we moved to sunny Florida. I not sure what I'm going to do next. I've enjoyed homeschooling, but I'm also happy to be almost done.

Through all it's ups and downs, this forum has been a blessing to me. Although I'm not a frequent commenter, I consider you all to be my homeschooling friends and appreciated your support during our homeschooling years. I plan to hang around here a bit even when I "retire."

I can't remember the exact year I joined . Maybe 2004? It was when Tammy ran this site and Reverand Coan was here posting offering advice.
Back then I had a K, grade 5 and grade 9.

Now they have all graduated . My oldest son is in banking, my middle daughter is a dance teacher/ hairdresser / esthetician , and my youngest is partnered with a large online streaming company as well as singing and playing guitar at local events.

Back when I joined this place it was hopping and it was the first place I would go to for advice and conversation .

Even though I am long done with homeschooling, It's
home to me. Besides , who knows if my grandchildren will be homeschooled.

Unless this place shuts down , I will be here off and on until it does.

This post was edited on Feb 24, 2018 04:01 PM

I have also been here since Tammy was running it. I can't remember the year. My youngest was in second grade and my oldest in fourth grade when we started. Both have graduated. Oldest has her BS in paralegal from liberty and is married. Youngest has gone off the rails a bit, but things are getting better. She has made us grandparents to a beautiful little girl. She is engaged to the baby's daddy and we are praying everything works out (prayers appreciated :-) ). I have learned such a wide variety of things from this website. I hope it doesn't go away. Wish we could all meet in person.

Seems as if I joined around 2004, too, but I'm not sure. Although I've been an empty nester since, oh, 1997 or 1998, I'm always going to be a homeschooler. :-)

I don't remember when I joined. Maybe 2009 or 2010. I'm in my 11th year homeschooling and I have 13 years yet to go, so I hope this forum is around for a while yet. It's my favourite place for advice. There is such a variety of styles here, you can get advice on just about anything related to homeschooling. It is too bad that it's slowed down, though.

I'm here. I joined in probably about 2007ish?
i have six, from age 15 down to 6.
i love coming here and asking advice. i greatly appreciate you all.

HERE! :D

I think I joined this site when my oldest was in 2nd grade? He is our first homeschool graduate, and he is a freshman in college this year!

I also have a daughter in 11th, and a son in 6th.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat