Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Who/ what is running this place?

Who/ what is running this place?

Sooooooooooooo, remember way back something happened to this forum and they sent us to another forum here? Well, I went there to check on what was going on and it's a big NOTHING. NO one has posted there for many many years. I have a feeling that one day this site will go Poof! I believe more and more people are homeschooling and would want to have a site like this. WTM is a big fat nothing.

I'm nearing the end of my journey as my dd will be a senior next year. Until then she will be taking online college classes and I want to work. I can't wait to work.

Not sure why they keep this going , it can't possibly be generating any money. The same posts stay on the front page for weeks. Maybe when the money runs out they will just let the site go.

So just incase it goes poof, nice knowing ya. :0)

This post was edited on Feb 23, 2018 09:16 AM

re: Who/ what is running this place?

Though there must be someone in some office somewhere, because Time4Learning and Rod&Staff Books/Milestone Ministries, Winning With Writing, and CBD are some bona fide, currently-active businesses that advertise here. And that means they're paying for the spot. ?? And they've got those Goodle adLinks down below.

It is kind of weird, though.

I’ve enjoyed this forum for a long while. When I first discovered this place, it was always busy. I hope it’ll be here as I’ve got a number of years to go yet, but it has slowed. :s

Cricket, I noticed you are using online college courses. What resources have you decided to use for that? Will the courses transfer to a college?

keep it going, girls.
it only seems like it's taken a nose dive in the last couple of months.... What's up with that?

I sure hope it doesn't go "poof".

I would really miss the advice here, and more than that...all of you as well.

You're my "homeschool homies", as my husband likes to call you all when I tell him about posting here. Bet you didn't know you had a nickname, did ya?

Back in February 2016 I contacted the administrator with a question and received a prompt reply.

Is HSR owned by a family or company? If it's owned by a family, maybe something happened in the family and there really isn't anyone paying attention any more? Like, my husband's cousin passed away years ago and still has an active facebook page because no one has looked into closing it.

Overall, I think it's a bit slower. But, there's also an ebb and flow of things in general.

The only thing I've noticed recently is the spammers who post and then it's left for a looong time. I think we still have a whole page (or close to it) that needs to be deleted. It makes me wonder if they even care.

K

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat