Reply to topic

Billy Graham has passed.

Billy Graham has passed.

Can't imagine how many crowns of Glory he will receive for the millions of souls he has brought to Christ.

re: Billy Graham has passed.

And how joyfully he's laying them at Jesus' feet.

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints." Ps 116:15

Oh. What a glorious day for him in paradise.

His loss here on earth will be felt, but his legacy will last for ages. Thank the Lord that what he's done here will still reach many souls, sharing the Lord's love and redemption.

This post was edited on Feb 21, 2018 11:49 AM

Entered into his eternal rest and bliss! God bless him. :)

A grown ds called me to tell me this early yesterday morning. Immediately I remembered that the Lord spoke to me clearly and directly (as I had never heard Him before) through Billy Graham on TV when I was a young adult, and changed my life forever. I know I'm only one of untold numbers.

After that I remembered Louis Zamperini (the subject of Unbroken, Laura Hillenbrand's book which was made into the movie).

Louis survived a living hell in WW2 and in the midst of it promised the Lord that he would serve Him forever if He would deliver him out of it. His parents were even notified that he had died, though he hadn't.

When the war ended and he returned home lame, emaciated and bitter (he had been a talented athlete, had raced in the 1936 Olympics), he forgot his promise to the Lord. His PTSD was overwhelming, causing horrific nightmares every single night during which he had to relive the indescribable torture which had been heaped on him every day.

The only "relief" he got from that was via alcohol, but that could not stop the nightmares and his life devolved into more and more and more agony. His wife (by then they had a little girl) finally couldn't take it anymore and separated from him.

At about that time, an unknown young preacher (30yo) came to their town, set up a tent, and began preaching each night. He and his associates had planned to be there only a week or so, but the response was so phenomenal, they continued the meetings for more weeks. Still the crowds kept coming.

One night Louie's wife went. She had not been reared to be religious, but she had heard there was real help there, so she went. The Lord ministered to her so powerfully, she was born again and her life was never the same again. She began praying for Louie.

She begged and kept begging him to go, but he was not interested. Finally, though, he was made to understand that she would not consider moving back with him if he did not.

He went, but was miserable throughout the meeting, almost leaving a number of times. Finally he did get up to leave, but inexplicably went forward for prayer instead. IIRC, he said the Lord reminded him of the promise he had made to him during the war. He broke under the convicting power of the Holy Spirit that night, and to say his life was changed is to say that Niagara Falls is a little drip of water.

Never Again Did He Have Those Nightmares! And the Lord had changed his heart so completely, he quit drinking. His wife moved back home, their marriage was completely different from then on, they had another child (a son), and Louie never stopped praising God for the rest of his life.

That young preacher was Billy Graham. Louie actually traveled as a part of that ministry for years. Why Laura Hillenbrand did not include all that info in her book, I don't know (ETA: Nor was it included in the movie, which was even worse; it could have and should have ended with the miraculous change the Lord had made in his life, but, dishonestly, it didn't). That change was key to the truth of his life.

When I read about him online and saw that HE had written an autobiography, I knew I wanted to read it. It was actually in my library system :), so I got to read his story in his own words. That's where I learned the things I've shared here, plus more which was not in LH's book.

Only the Lord knows how many people were brought into His kingdom through the ministry of Billy Graham (and the accompanying intercession of his wife, Ruth, and their godly parents, which should not be overlooked).

He always proclaimed to everyone that he himself had been born again, that the only reason he would be admitted to Heaven was because "when he was yet a sinner, Christ Jesus died for him". (Romans) He had repented of his sin and had received the Lord's free gift of salvation, had become a child of God, a new creation.

He was not a perfect man, he made mistakes (admitted in his autobiography Just As I Am), but he faithfully proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus Christ for many, many years. I am thankful for that, thankful beyond words.

This post was edited on Feb 22, 2018 10:24 PM

I knew I had heard this first quote some time ago, and then I saw it, plus others, at a Christian website, copied and pasted below.

1. "Some day you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don't you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God."

2. "My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world."

3. "Do I fear death? No. I look forward to death with great anticipation. I am looking forward to seeing God face to face. And that could happen any day." (Newsweek, July 4, 2005)

4. "When we all reach the end of our earthly journey, we will have just begun."

5. "The Bible says that as long as we are here on Earth, we are strangers in a foreign land. There are enemies to be conquered before we return home. This world is not our home; our citizenship is in heaven."

6. "Heaven doesn't make this life less important; it makes it more important."

7. "Death for the Christian is the doorway to heaven's glory. Because of Christ's resurrection we can joyously say with Paul, 'Where, O death, is your victory?'" (1 Corinthians 15:55)

Graham wrote a book called Nearing Home about seven years ago in which he asks, "What home are you preparing for?"

He writes, "Some people spend their lives building ultimate dream homes so they can enjoy their twilight years. Some find themselves exchanging their bank accounts for residence within the gates of a retirement center. Others spend their last days in nursing homes.

For those of you who do not know Him, choosing your eternal home is the most important decision you will ever make. For the Christian the last mile of the way is a testimony to God's faithfulness, for He said, 'I go to prepare a place for you.' " (John 14:2 NKJV)

(I alluded to this earlier):

"I'm counting totally and completely on the Lord Jesus Christ, and not on Billy Graham. I'm not going to Heaven because I've read the Bible, nor because I've preached to a lot of people. I'm going to Heaven because of what Christ did."

ETA: Correction: His body will lie in honor in Charlotte, NC, today, then at the Capitol in DC. tomorrow and Thursday. This funeral is planned for Friday. This website gives all info, including live streaming, plus more:

This post was edited on Feb 27, 2018 01:27 PM

Wonderful quotes from Billy Graham, Gr8ful! Thank you so much for posting those! :))))))

Reply to topic

Return to Chit-Chat