Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: what you're not being told

re: .

>>And the FBI - I think their response is very telling in all of this and has been on the downhill for well, over the past 8 years.
----------------------------

Think again. We watched a documentary the other night telling the story behind the bombing of Wall Street in 1920, and the events leading up to it beginning in February of 1919... including the FBI's role.

Currently it's Muslims and illegal Hispanics who are the center of controversy... Back in 1919-20, it was Russians and Italians.

I'm reminded of the saying in politics, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

As King Solomon once said, there is nothing new under the sun.

And as Cricket said, "Drunk driving is against the law. Drugs are against the law. Murder is against the law. Laws won't stop shootings. Laws don't change the heart of man."

Which also reminds me of the movie "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington", which was done in 1939. Politicians are no worse today than they were then. Man is still the same selfish, deceived, sinful human being now as he was in 1939.... and in 44 B.C. when Julius Caesar was killed on the Senate floor of Rome.... and in the first few hundred years of the creation of the world when Cain killed Abel. The thing is, neither of those murders were done using a gun. In fact, no WARS were ever fought using guns until the 16th or 17th century.

(Most people today don't know any history beyond their own lifetime, though.)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/bombing-wall-street/

From Matthew chapter 5:

"You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire."

Murder -- regardless of the weapon used -- begins in the heart. But this is the discussion that the MSM or anti-2nd Amendment folks don't want to have.

kayrenee, it's good to see you again. I agreed with the great majority of your post, especially your closing points.

I saw the description of that documentary on PBS the other night. The main reason I didn't watch it is because the description sounded like one purpose was to down JE Hoover, a common theme in recent years.

I recently watched a lib-produced doc about Patty Hearst. I actually remember some of that, and some of their "facts" weren't factual, but were clearly meant to advance their agenda. It is disheartening to me.

Eta: I meant to say, the FBI may or may not have been corrupt in the past (I'm certainly not saying it wasn't!). However, the fact that key people there (not speaking of the rank and file) worked to advance HC's election in 2016, and that they have spent soooo much time and effort on the purported DT/Russ connection (conservatives didn't spend nearly that much time/effort on mr oh's alleged birth cert, which was highly questionable) WHILE ignoring the tips that were given about N Cruz in Florida -- that IS something to be concerned about and condemned, period.

<<Currently it's Muslims and illegal Hispanics who are the center of controversy... Back in 1919-20, it was Russians and Italians.>>

Not Italians today, but oh my, all the hoopla about a Russian connection -- when it is HC's camp which was suspicious!

Another thing that keeps coming to my mind: Libs carry on and on and on about Russia, but they didn't make a peep when mr oh normalized relations with Cuba after more than 50 years (it was their lib idol, JFK, who imposed those sanctions back then) -- and the msm, enn bee cee, also spotlighted noko's leader's sister during the present games, as though she's not connected to the worst despot in the current world.

This post was edited on Feb 17, 2018 11:45 PM

Maybe we can't fix the person but perhaps the answer is in how we set up protections in the school.

^^^

AND how we respond to mass murderers and tare---er--ists. If the death penalty were swift for ALL, there would be many less people willing to take the risk.

As an example, in the Philippines, up until a mere few years ago, r*pe used to carry the death penalty. But guess what?: it was one of the safest countries for women to roam around in. Then the pope decided that the death penalty wasn't the loving thing to do. And now guess what?: r*pe immediately -- immediately -- rose.

Consequences deter evil behavior! Imagine that.

On the original topic. I saw a blip on that possibility.
————-
On HC. Why is there no mention between HC, the uranium she sold to the Russians, the election, and the rancher who died because the uranium is under his land. I just figure the Russians want the uranium that bought and they figured they could get it if HC was in office. Nonetheless, we are only getting a fraction of the story.

This post was edited on Feb 23, 2018 10:40 PM

Guns are not at the root of this problem. Not at all. People have had access to guns for decades, and mass school shootings were not common.

But I am wondering if gun control is now becoming almost inevitable.

"Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith." Alexis de Tocqueville

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other." John Adams

"Do not be as the horse or as the mule which have no understanding, Whose trappings include bit and bridle to hold them in check." (Psalm 32:9)

The first step is to repent, turn away from evil, and embrace God's ways.

But if our countrymen are no longer bridled by morality, faith, and religion, then unfortunately, we may consequently lose our liberties. It is a sad state.

I don't know what the answer is, but I know what it isn't. No law will stop it. EVER. The left in Washington IS after our right to bear arms. The 2nd Amendment protects us against tyranny. I don't think many regular joe people know that or understand that.

But the hypocrisy from the left is unbelievable. The left didn't scream and kick for g*n control after Kate Steinle was murdered by an illegal immigrant. Where's the outrage?

Newt Gingrich's articles has been one of my favorite and I agree with every word. It's nice to see someone use their brain.

*****Wednesday’s tragic attack at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida is a deeply painful reminder of how much we have failed to honestly confront the problem of school shootings in America.

Putting up “Gun-Free Zone” signs is not a solution. It is an act of self-deception. By definition, the determined killers carry their guns past the signs. They are not slowed down for one second by community sentiment.
The current strategies of responding to a violent threat by either freezing students in place or accelerating student evacuation both carry seeds of disaster. Freezing the students in place simply sets them up to be killed methodically by a brutal, evil or mentally ill person. Having them flee may lead them to run right into the path of the killer.

In “Day of Wrath,” a novel by Bill Forstchen, there is a vivid description of how dangerous our current school policies are in setting up the innocent to be killed. In this stunning depiction of a methodical radical Islamist assault targeting American schools, the moral and intellectual dead-end of the current policies is made clear.

America is not going to become gun-free. Firearm-specific bans, such as bans on semi-automatic rifles, won’t have an impact because the majority of mass shootings in the United States are committed with semi-automatic handguns.

In fact, the deadliest school shooting in our history, in April 2007 at Virginia Tech, was committed with handguns. Therefore, the danger of evil, insane or politically-religiously motivated people killing the innocent will remain.

Mental health-focused “solutions” are incompatible with civil liberties. America is not going to adopt laws to apprehend or restrict every person who might become dangerous. That would trap hundreds or even thousands of innocent people to try to stop the few truly deranged, dangerous people. Each killer’s threat is much more obvious after the killings.

After each wave of killings, we wring our hands, say strong words and do little.

The fact is, evil people with guns must be stopped by good people with guns.

Furthermore, the faster good people can respond, the fewer innocent people will be killed.

Every school in America should have several teachers and administrators trained in firearms who are permitted to carry concealed weapons. The number of these “protectors of the innocent” in each school should be determined by the number of students.

Agreeing to serve in this role might be encouraged with an appropriate monthly stipend. After all, in Georgia, teachers who agree to serve as coaches are paid stipends ranging from $150 to as much as $400 (and sometimes more for large football programs). Surely, we can afford to provide this type of incentive to people who want to help protect our children.

Because these protectors would have concealed weapons and not be in uniform, would-be killers would have no idea who might be capable of ending their threat by ending them.

This idea is the same principle behind the Federal Air Marshal Service, which was rapidly expanded after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. The marshals provide countervailing force to stop terrorists.

Furthermore, because air marshals are unidentifiable (they wear plain clothes and their weapons are concealed), would-be terrorists don’t have a target to attack first.

If we are really serious about protecting our children, we must have trained and equipped protectors prepared to handle this type of situation whenever there are school activities. The Parkland school had an armed officer assigned to the campus, but the officer never encountered the shooter and was not able to respond in time.

Dramatically increasing the presence of uniformed, visibly-armed security guards, however, might create an environment ill-suited for learning.

Instead, teachers and administrators serving as protectors could complement and support the dedicated officer or security personnel who are already serving in many schools.

This combination of using uniformed police officers to handle standard school security challenges – while also having responsible adult protectors who are already going to be working in the school prepared to provide additional force in the case of a catastrophic emergency, like a mass shooting – is the most effective and practical way to protect our children.

Great points here. Farmschool, I'm so glad you brought up those things about HC. The "media" (what is supposed to be a news media) has swept all of that under the rug. Since they don't care, why should anyone care? Arrogance doesn't begin to describe it.

Mama Anna, you mentioned some things which have been on my mind just in the last couple of days.

Yes, our society was set up for law-abiding people. The freedoms which are inherent in a democratic republic (a true one, not counterfeits which have been set up in other countries which are in fact dictatorships) are 'too much' in a society where man cannot/will not/does not bridle his own ungodly, sinful impulses.

As you said, "Guns are not at the root of this problem. Not at all. People have had access to guns for decades, and mass school shootings were not common."

People have had access to guns in this country ever since its founding, even before its founding, even before the Pilgrims came. That was more than 400 years ago! Until recent years, there was not even ONE school shooting.

Ironically, the very same people who decried Bible reading and prayer in schools, the very people who did not want godly morality and values taught in schools, are screeching and hollering and marching on DC because the inevitable result of WHAT THEY WANTED has come to pass! I'm sure they don't see this, but it is the truth just the same.

"Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith." Alexis de Tocqueville

De Tocqueville came here from France to find out what made our fledgling country so unique, so special. He was VERY impressed and wrote a book (at least one) about it.

He said that "pulpits were aflame with righteousness" (another thing that has sadly changed), and he rightly saw that was the key to the wonderful place he found. Not perfect, no, but infinitely better than his home country which had recently survived a reign of terrier.

As you said, the first step is to repent, turn away from evil, and embrace God's ways.

Unfortunately, our society as a whole (including a shocking number of churches and even whole denominations) has turned away from God's Word as THE standard of right and wrong. Each man does what is right in his own eyes, and the result is as horrific as it was when that happened in OT days.

<<But if our countrymen are no longer bridled by morality, faith, and religion, then unfortunately, we may consequently lose our liberties. It is a sad state.>>

YES. And an increasingly dangerous place to live.

cricket, you made an *excellent point* here, which shows that the left really doesn't care:

<<But the hypocrisy from the left is unbelievable. The left didn't scream and kick for g*n control after Kate Steinle was murdered by an illegal immigrant. Where's the outrage?>>

BTW, does anyone else remember that not long ago the left just proverbially shrugged its shoulders (in re to terriers) and said something like, society just has to deal with them??? I was shocked/horrified to hear that they are actually willing to live with it! There are no words.

Why aren't they saying that about school sho *** otings? Hmmm?

M4J said <<As an example, in the Philippines, up until a mere few years ago, r*pe used to carry the death penalty. But guess what?: it was one of the safest countries for women to roam around in. Then the pope decided that the death penalty wasn't the loving thing to do. And now guess what?: r*pe immediately -- immediately -- rose.

Consequences deter evil behavior! Imagine that.>>

Indeed they do! Are Catholics not ashamed of their pope? If not, they should be.

One good thing here: Florida is a tough state (unless things have changed in recent years) for criminals. A distant relative of dh's found this out the hard way -- he had to serve every single day of his sentence, no days subtracted for any reason.

AFAIK, Fla still has the death penalty. I don't know if they will apply it to N Cruz or not. Unfortunately, the rage seems to be mis-directed to DT/reps/the enn arr eigh.

This post was edited on Feb 22, 2018 09:38 PM

NewsYAHOO!!! TRUMP IS DOING HIS "OWN" INVESTIGATION INTO FL SCHOOL SHOOTING!!!...USING THE U.S. MILITARY!!! self.greatawakening

submitted 22 hours ago * by GodsAngell

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=93914

NOT SO FAST!! Don't tear down the building YET!!! A REAL Investigation is going to take place! We need to stay on top of this. If anyone is local, they can keep an eye on unusual activity (like planting evidence that wasn't there on the first day), etc, etc. There is bound to be more shenanigans done by the deep state. Oh, I know, they will blow up the building and/or set it on fire. Just guessing here. It should be interesting!

I gather it was reported on the radio. Several reports about it.

Is this why they want to tear it down? OMGosh if this is true?? WOW

More and more interviews are showing up about there being more than one person.

This post was edited on Feb 20, 2018 09:12 AM

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat