Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

re: re: re: Box food instead of Food Stamps

re: re: re: re: Box food instead of Food Stamps

I'm sure that's true, M4J. It's just so sad and wasteful for all that food to be thrown out. When people talk about repair ations, I always mention the native Americans. If anyone gets any, they should.

I am the same way about food waste, or even any waste. My grandmother was from the WW1 and Great Depression era, so I think I learned a lot of things from her. I even save pieces of aluminum foil and waxed paper, folded, to re-use. ;) Small portions of food can be chopped into meatloaf, made into soup, etc. Really, the modern "environmental warriors" have nothing on the Pilgrims, pioneers, Great Depression and WW2 Americans, etc. who have been operating efficiently and frugally for centuries! :)

Really, the modern "environmental warriors" have nothing on the Pilgrims, pioneers, Great Depression and WW2 Americans, etc. who have been operating efficiently and frugally for centuries! :)
-------

Bah, modern "environmental warriors" are a sick joke in comparison to our forbears who had to 'use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.’

I saw a headline today where a guy who's apparently opposing something said that he's "more afraid of climate change than of jail". Our forbears would have laughed him right into that jail that he'd rather be in.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat