Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

re: Locks of love or other?

Donating beards:

I have no idea if beards can be made into wigs.

however,
This college prof donated his long beard to a group called Matter of Trust to help clean oil spills
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/bio-professor-donates-beard-helps-the-environment/

(got to follow their rules and FAQ to find out how and when and all of that)

Thank you
Thats good info to remember though right now he has no plans of letting the partly gray beard go.
Just his long locks which have no gray at all in them. 😀

This post was edited on Feb 04, 2018 12:23 PM

re: re: Locks of love or other?

Yes, facial hair tends to go gray first. I have relatives who even have one color hair and another color beard, before either one starts turning gray. One has brown hair and a red beard. Another has blond hair and a red beard.

Thank You for all those links! My dd has donated hair to Locks of Love a number of times, beginning when she was about 11 or 12yo. She wanted to get her looooong blonde hair cut one hot summer, and the hairdresser just ooh'ed and aah'ed over her hair, saying it was rare to see that honey blonde color w/natural streaks occurring naturally.

Not only did she have the immense satisfaction of donating her hair to an organization which said it would help dc w/cancer, but she even got the haircut free. Her hair grows so fast, she has done that several times since.

We did not know that LoL had any issues, so I'll be sure to pass that info along to her. It was great to see specific info about each organization spelled out, so that people can determine which one is most appropriate for a specific situation.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat