Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

re: Locks of love or other?

Locks of love or other?

Sooo....
My husband and I have long hair down our backs. Both of us have a good foot plus to spare and still have shoulder length hair left.
(He also has a very long beard, lol)
Are there places other than locks of love and are there pros and cons to each?
Thanks.
specialt

Locks of love or other?

X

This post was edited on Feb 03, 2018 02:39 AM

Found this
https://everydaybest.com/5-places-to-donate-hair-to-besides-locks-of-love/

And this
https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/redeye/culture/redeye-comparing-pantene-beautiful-lengths-wigs-for-kids-and-locks-of-love-20160120-story,amp.html

*My daughter had beautiful sleek shiny blonde hair down to her waist that was tied, cut, and I sent to locks of love back in 2008 or 2009. It was beautiful hair.
My husband has long, wavy, healthy, brown hair.
Mine is long, straight, silky, and color treated with red henna. Haven't treated since summer but Henna is permanent.

I think it is so cool that you guys are going to donate. Sorry, I do not know which place to donate is best.

Just agreeing with Minnie. It is a very nice thing to do.

We always donate to Locks of Love! My dd has fast growing hair and donates 12-14 inches yearly; she's done it 7 times now. Mine grows slower but I try to donate when it is about 14 inches long.

Definitely an awesome organization to donate your hair to :)

I think the links you found will help you narrow down what you want to do with your donation. Many good places use donated hair for different reasons. Some places can't use hair that is too much gray. so that might be something to consider. Some donate to children with hair loss for reasons other than cancer. some are for adults or children to receive, cancer or other.

no matter what, someone will like the group you pick and someone else will roll their eyes.

thank you for helping others :)

Just curious, will someone take the beard? If so, what do they do with it.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat