Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

So, who's had the flu this year?

re: So, who's had the flu this year?

Cricket, there is a stomach flu going around, we had it. We had everything from throwing up for 24 hours to just yucky and dizzy for a couple of days.

A healthy lady that lived close to my mother died of the flu. She had been to the doctor, they sent her home, she became septic, they rushed her to the hospital when she said she felt like she was going to die, hospital said she was too far gone to save, and she died. I guess she was real achy.

I’ve been closely monitoring my family for any abnormal symptoms even with this cold.

The flu vaccine is useless. I know people will argue differently. But that is my stand on it. More $$ to the big pharm's again, and people having terrible reactions to it. SMH here as well.

The stomach bug is going around here as well. We have had schools shut down because of it(not because of the flu though). Stomach virus has been worse.

It's that time of the year. I say everyone shove some triple antibiotic cream up your nose and that should ward off anything.....LOL......

Seriously though....hope everyone feels better. xo

I reminded my grands recently to remember to breathe through their noses (easier said than done if one is already sick). That does help. The little masks are helpful for people who have compromised immune systems. When people sneeze or cough around me, I instinctively cover my nose and mouth with whatever's at hand.

My philosophy has always been to nip a cold in the bud. At the first sign of a sniffle we start taking vitamin c after each meal or eating oranges. I love the little cuties. I also drink a lot of hot tea with lemon this time of year, just because I love it. The health benefits are a plus. :)

Michelle, I think your plan makes perfect sense. I've heard the flu is finally beginning to wane (at least in my state), so hopefully that will happen in your area too, and everywhere else.

I got the shot and took Tamiflu. My bout was mild, but I don't credit the shot. Who knows the why behind this season's flu fury.
God help everyone!

We had a terrible terrible cold but no flu yet. Thank God.

We are avoiding eating out and grocery shopping - i am going alone and washing carefully after...

In our family, it seems like two of the kids, and myself, had it. My case was lighter than the kids; I was on the couch for a couple days, but I could still get up and function a bit if I really, really needed to.

Husband didn't get it at all, and the oldest son just had a bad cold, or a super light case that didn't keep him completely down.

None of us had the shot. While sick we took some garlic, vitamin C, and homemade elderberry syrup....popsicles, water, and ibuprofen.

I tested negative last Saturday, but the physician's assistant is treating me for it, anyway. I'm taking Tami-flu, an antibiotic, and prednisone. I never did have body aches, and only a low-grade fever two days after I was first down with it.

Apparently, the pundits in our state didn't call it just right. On last night's late news, they said that the flu is not waning as they thought it was. I don't know if it's made a resurgence or if it's occurring at the same rate.

They said it is disproportionately affecting dc. :( Which reminded me, this is yet another blessing of h/s. Dc don't have to be exposed to so many sick people during times like this. :)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat