Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

So, who's had the flu this year?

So, who's had the flu this year?

So far, only I've gotten it. Hubby did have pneumonia over the holidays though. I'm praying we don't get it. TX has been hit hard as other places as well. We're considering staying home from church for a bit until this flu season eases up. We'll be doing online shopping for groceries too. The clerk will load it up in the car after you order and pay online. We are trying to avoid this horrid flu.
It doesn't seem to discriminate this year. Even healthy folks are dying. Scary.

Michelle32

re: So, who's had the flu this year?

I think we just have colds but it isn’t fun. It just seems to hang on.

If I had the option of buying groceries online I would. As it is we are careful where we go.

It’s a good time to stay at home and spring clean.

7 our of 8 of us have had it!! It was rough!!!

We did not take Tamiflu after reading side effects! 😳 However we did all take antibiotics and cough meds , some to help prevent secondary infections, some to help get rid of secondary infections like sinus infections and upper respiratory infections. It’s been a long three weeks!

In north Florida, the ERs are virtually impossible to get into without 4 to 9 hour waits. At least one hospital in south Florida has banned all children, all pregnant women, and anyone with a chronic disease from entering the hospital unless that person is the patient. In 20 years of medicine, I have never seen flu this bad or with such severe symptoms. I am hoping it peaked this last week.

Guess that flu "vaccine" isn't working so well.

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/flu-worse-dying/

Two weekends ago I had a 48 hour "something" hit me like a ton of bricks and I'm still not eating all that much. This past weekend, my youngest was hit as well. I have never seen that much "stuff" leave someones body in 48 hours. In fact, I called my pediatrician at 5 am Friday morning, he was almost admitting her to the hospital. She had been throwing up every 20 minutes for 7 hours and it continued and also with the other end. I"ve never seen anything like it. Stomach flu? I don't know. At first I thought my situation was bad food, but maybe it wasn't.

I was ripping my house apart and bleaching all through the night to break the cycle of whatever it was. So far older dd and dh have not gotten it. What worried me most is that is how the regular flu gets started.

Guess that flu "vaccine" isn't working so well.
-------

For some crazy (unexplained) reason, it's very ineffective this year -- only 10% effective, is what the CDC is saying. So what's the point in having it? I'm sure a TON of taxpayer money was spent making this very ineffective vaccine. SMH

Michelle (OP), did you get the flu shot this season? Did anyone else? Eta: I hope your dh is fully recovered. Pneumonia is a serious thing!

Cricket, Wow, what a horrible experience! Is your dd able to drink Gatorade or something else which will replenish her electrolytes? That sounds really scary and really painful.

This post was edited on Jan 29, 2018 09:44 AM

I think youngest ds and I have. He was sick so I was pumping myself full of immune boosting stuff and airborne to ward it off. I still ended up getting it, but not like he had it. He said afterwards that he had had a day or so with aches and possibly fever (based on what he was saying). I took a few basic meds, though, to help with symptoms on the worst days, which was enough to keep me functioning fine.

K

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat