Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Do you have friends you disagree with?

Do you have friends you disagree with?

I'm sure the obvious answer is yes.

How do you maintain friendships with people you disagree with in certain areas? Do you just agree to disagree and not bring up those topics in conversation? Does it depend on what the disagreement is? Also, do you share your disagreement with them or do you just avoid the topic? At what point do you decide that you cannot maintain the friendship anymore? I'm sure the answers will vary greatly.

I am interested to hear stories about this if anyone is willing to share. I'm wondering how other people handle this type of thing.

re: Do you have friends you disagree with?

You're right, it's yes!

Honestly, it depends on the issue and the friend. I can't get into too much at the moment, I really need to get to bed in case I get called in to work. I'll try to respond over the next day or two. :-)

K

Sure. And family, too.

Certain topics just don't come up. When I'm with someone, we discuss and share the things we have in common.

I'm a semi-hermit and don't socialize much anyway...if I limited my friends to only people whom I agreed with about everything, I wouldn't have any friends. ;)

oh yes.

I have a small circle of very close friends. We like to be drama free. The only thing we can't agree on is where to eat LOL.

Now my very best friend... we tend to have very different views on a few things. However, I think that is why we are best friends. We totally respect each others views.

Our motorcycle friends? Well, we only disagree on how many times us women need to stop and use the bathroom. :)))))

if I limited my friends to only people whom I agreed with about everything, I wouldn't have any friends.
--------------------------

Oh, totally! No denying that! I'm more wondering about how people handle the disagreements.

Also, what if the friend is constantly bringing up areas where you disagree?

What do you do if the friend doesn't know that you disagree with them in a significant area? Do you tell them?

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat