Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

re: job opening

re: re: job opening

Well, not surprisingly, I didn't get the job. The one who did already has their EMT. It's OK. God's got this.

Minnie, what do you mean by prn?

K

prn=pro re nata: when or as needed (usually seen as an abbreviation for nurses as to dosing medication)

Yep, what Momma said. When it applies for schedules, it means that someone schedules all the full time and then part-time employees. Then, all the holes in the schedule can be filled by the prn employees. Usually, prn means a higher hourly rate because the person does not get a guaranteed number of hours or insurance.

Minnie, up here in the health care field (nursing homes, rehab homes, hospital), what you're referring to as prn work is called per diem work. If I move to Florida - which I want to do - and work in health care, I'll know the correct terminology! :o)))

I'd love to meet you! :o)

OK.

I am per diem. I get paid an hourly rate when I get called in. I sign up for shifts that are available, and get paid a stipend for being available. Typically, these are nights and weekends on-call with the occasional shift during the day to fill in for the regular crews. No benefits.

It's been ok for the most part. The flexibility is great, but it's not always consistent. Granted, I have been signing up for shifts a month or two in advance, so I can usually get what I put in for.

K

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat