Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

re: Gr8ful, re: prayer?

Gr8ful, re: prayer?

Gr8ful,
You had shared these inspiring words in MamaAna's Psalm 1 thread, and rather than have two threadlines [a word?] going in her thread, I thought I would ask you about it here. Just wondering if you could share all about what the Lord showed you regarding praying with the Word. Thank you so much!!

>>>The Lord taught me during this past year a wonderful new way to pray (with His Word). He has led me in this before, but He has added a whole new dimension which has shown me more than ever the value of His Love, Truth, and Power. <<<

M4J, I truly wish I could give you something more concrete than this answer. I generally pray the Lord's Prayer, then I put on the Armor of God (Ephesians 6), something He taught me to do yearsss ago when I was experiencing heavy spiritual warfare in my life.

Now He has added a new dimension to that (as I put on the armor), about praying for my family, friends and loved ones, churches and pastors, extending to our nation, government, and other nations too.

As I do this, He continually brings many scriptures to mind which the Holy Spirit has taught me through the years, showing me how to apply them in ways that I had not realized before.

It is intensely personal for the most part. All I know to say is, I encourage you to ask Him if He has something new for you this year, including your prayer life. I apologize if that sounds lame, but I don't know how else to put it. God bless you, dear friend. :)

Gr8ful,
Not lame at all, dear friend, and I appreciate your sharing this more than you can imagine! :) As usual, I find myself wishing I could talk to you and do a Bible study. But I'll be grateful for the internet, that can connect New England and the South, though hundreds of miles apart. :)
And editing to remember to add: Thank you so much!!

This post was edited on Jan 03, 2018 05:10 PM

re: re: Gr8ful, re: prayer?

M4J, this morning as I was thinking of these verses before putting on the Armor of God (Ephesians 6, KJV) --

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. --

The Lord emphasized that last phrase to me in a way I had not seen before, then led me to pray about that (bringing Christ Jesus' words about "wolves in sheep's clothing" and other scriptures to mind) for quite some time. This was something new, a very sobering time of experiencing new insights as that phrase relates to situations today.

That's an example of what I was talking about. I'm so grateful for your friendship, and look forward to the day that we can meet in person, especially worshipping Jesus together around His throne! :)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat