Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

ICE IN MOBILE BAY

ICE IN MOBILE BAY

No joke - I couldn’t believe it. There was ice in the Gulf of Mexico. I saw it with my own eyes. Crazy!

re: ICE IN MOBILE BAY

It's freezing up here in North Florida. Lol. I'm missing the south Florida temps, but it's cool down there too.

I know it’s cold here! It crazy! We’re in Live Oak right now, west of Lake City and we’re being told we could expect up to 3 inches of snow tonight! I’ve never seen snow in Florida before, although I know it’s happened, but I’ve never seen it here before. That may change tonight though!

If you are in Live Oak, you are not far from me when I am working.

I am glad I am back home in south Florida right now, but, the temps are dipping down to the high 30’s for an hour or so. We have our ski clothes out. Lol. We were planning to go to Disney tomorrow, but, now think not.

It has been a frozen tundra up here in New England. It has been below zero at night for almost 2 weeks straight, and highs during the day can't get out of the single digits . With the wind it goes down to 15 below. Many schools here were delayed today or cancelled.
Thursday we are getting a snowstorm, and after that it is going to get even colder Friday and Saturday with way below zero temps.
This is nuts. I have lived here my entire life and I do not remember it being this cold this soon, and for this long. I barely leave my house.
Friends of mine are in Mexico, and the high there has only been 65. That is cold .
The normal temp there in Jan is 80 degrees.

It was snowing in northern Florida today.

I'm just going to morph into a bear and hibernate till spring.

Ok Minnie - where are you near Live Oak?? Live Oak’s where our second place is. It’s actuslly about 7 miles outside the city limits, but Live Oak’s where we go for everything.

I’m pretty familiar with most of the area around here, biked most of it, and my family’s been here since the early 1980s.

Maybe we could meet up here sometime!

I just read where the cold we had here was moving south and east. It was brutal!!! Some places had -50 below actual temperatures we felt lucky to have -20 to -35 below actual temperatures. Our animals did well.

There will be deviation in Florida due to temperatures below 32*. Stay safe and let the water drip.

farmschool, I am so glad your animals fared well during those COOOOOLD days and nights. I can't imagine weather like that. It's been plenty cold enough here for me (lows in the teens, wind chill making it even colder). Today the wind felt like it was coming straight off of ice in the "warmest" part of the day.

ILMC, I did not realize you were west of Lake City. Dh's relatives which I mentioned in the "clothesline" thread lived in Lulu, on the other side of Lake City, near Lake Butler. It was a teeny tiny town, definitely a very bike-able place. I loved it. :)

BTW, dh and I drove under/across Mobile Bay not long ago, at night. It was soooo beautiful, with the lights and everything! A ds was with us and he really wanted to tour the battleship out in the bay before we went home. Unfortunately, we did not get to. I'm hoping we'll get to go again and do that.

This post was edited on Jan 04, 2018 06:11 PM

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat