Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Hot flashes at night..oh my

Hot flashes at night..oh my

Ok, I just turned 50 last month. My periods have been wonky for the past 8 years now. But this past year it has really changed. I only had my period for one month back in September(labor day and it only lasted all of 3 days)...I have had nothing since.

Believe me when I say I DO NOT MISS IT AT ALL. NOT ONE BIT. No more cramps, no more taking iron pills, no more IV iron, no more stashing products everywhere I go. I am hoping this is the end of it, but who knows.

However, over the past month it has been awful sleeping. Insomnia some nights, and when I can sleep I am SO FREAKING HOT.So I open the window on my side of the bed(remember I am in New England so right now it is like -100 out LOL) WITH a stand up fan blowing the cold air on me. Sooooo.........then I am freezing. I snuggle under the covers only to be so hot 10 minutes later. Out goes one leg, then off come the covers. Then it starts all over again. UGH.

I would still rather have this then have my periods. However, it is driving both me and my DH crazy.(poor guy).

I will never take any hormone replacements so that is out.

I tried natural progesterone, and no luck.

I am on many prescription meds so I would rather not take anything by mouth that is natural as I do not know how it would react with some of my meds.

So, any ideas other then running outside naked in the snow for a few minutes? I think I could make a really cool snow angel though.....but I'm sure I would get some questions from people looking at my house on google earth. :)))))

re: Hot flashes at night..oh my

Herbs, yoga and/or taichi are my first thoughts.....

Yoga is something I thought about.

It is def worth a try ! Thanks :))

Ice packs in your shorts perhaps? LOL Thank God I never had hot flashes. I know there are natural things, but I'm not up on it.

LOL.....I am willing to try anything.

I swear I was going to run outside naked and jump in the snow...!!!

From my research: stay as cool as you can when not having a hot flashe. Use only a light blanket. Drink water to shorten the affects of the hot flash. If real bad stroll around the house.

Just remember, this too shall pass.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat