Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Stay at home jobs?

Stay at home jobs?

Has anyone had actual success with a stay at home job?
Online?....a friend of a friend sells coffee online and makes $200/week

I don't want to sell essential oils or tupperware or any other household item

What about typing for a Dr?

Any other ideas?

re: Stay at home jobs?

I've heard (though no personal experience) that LiveOps and WestAt Home are legitimate. (I even think someone here did one or the other of those. You might try a search.)

Typing for a doctor (medical transcription) also works. There is a big need for that. Non-medical transcription is also a need.

Typing papers for a local college, tutoring (even online), and editing papers is also an idea.

Monetizing a blog in which you regularly post about areas in which you have expertise actually works, too. (This doesn't mean you need a Ph.D. :) But we all know something....pet care, house cleaning with environmentally friendly options, caring for the gluten free child, knitting, gardening, preserving, baking, etc. etc.)

Some people take up part time cleaning, either houses by day (when their owners are at work), or offices by night (when they're empty). That's not work at home, per se, but it's flexible.

Some people sell on Ebay. They may start with things they don't need around their house, and then re-sell things they buy cheaply. It's amazing how much need there is that people locate via Ebay: even things like individual keyboard letter keys. (I guess it makes sense; if you're missing one letter and can find just that letter, it's better than a whole new keyboard.) :)

Some people sew/knit/crochet, if they have those skills. For the former, leaving your name/business card at local dry cleaners is the way to go, as well as any public bulletin boards your community may have (grocery store, churches, library, beauty parlors); also, letting local private schools know you can handle uniform orders and the like. Some people sew things like car covers, patio furniture covers, grill covers, etc. And knitting can be sold on Craigslist, Ebay, Etsy -- so many people would love a cozy afghan or hat or scarf, but haven't the time or skill.

I wish I knew of more ideas!:)

This post was edited on Dec 15, 2017 06:56 AM

Answering service for small, private company (i.e. solo law practice that does not have secretary onsite).

Bookkeeping for a small company

Childcare (least intrusive seems to be for after school care...that way it is only 3ish until 6pm M-F, and you can choose to either offer full day care when school is out or be closed when school is out)

Online teaching

I have an 18 year old nephew who makes about $1000/month making YouTube videos of himself making stuff (mostly knives and other metal works).

We have a 30 something year old friend pulling in full time incoming selling product that is drop shipped from Amazon. He never even handles the product.

How does one get into the medical transcript work?

There is a woman in my networking group who is a virtual personal assistant. She charges $25/hour to answer emails, monitor and post to social media, write blog posts, etc.

Foofou, where did she find that job?

This post was edited on Dec 22, 2017 04:05 PM

She came up with the idea and let people know she's doing it. That's a reason she's in the networking group. It's part of her marketing.

I bet if you just put the word out on social media and through word of mouth you'd get some nibbles. I think may need an assistant in the next few months and I'll probably find one through asking and word of mouth.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat