Chit-Chat

Reply to topic

Search

Is anyone following this case which is now before the SC?

Jack Phillips, a baker in Colorado, is being defended by Michael Farris? (who founded HSLDA) or Jay Sekulow? Not sure. I saw Farris on Huckabee's recent new TV show, and he talked about this case there.

I saw Mr. Phillips and his wife on FN yesterday. They spoke very humbly and gently about the issue. They were willing to sell a cake to the customers, whom they know from former business transactions.

This link gives the details. Please pray for them, as their business has greatly suffered since this became a legal issue. Please pray for a positive outcome.

http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/8700

This post was edited on Dec 07, 2017 08:25 AM

re: Is anyone following this case which is now before the SC?

Yes Gr8ful, I'm following it, and praying for him. He's being represented by the Alliance Defending Freedom-ADF. Yes, a gentle man. (And he has mentioned the other times he's refused a cake order for things that were objectionable, and none of those times was he sued. I presume the potential customer found another baker.) Architects, engineers, etc. turn down potential orders all the time, if it doesn't fit their aesthetic, ability, trajectory, etc. etc.

So sad!!!

The questions at the start were very interesting.

P.S. I forgot to mention when I posted the OP that s/s "marriage" had not yet been legalized in CO at the time that happened! How incredibly unjust this has been, to penalize this baker for violating NO law, all this time! "PC run amok" doesn't begin to tell the story.

Gotta run, my limited time is up. :) Have a great day, everybody.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Chit-Chat